Frame Slider Installation Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiteflyer

Reaction score
I'm taking the forum's member's advise and looking into some frame sliders for my FJR. Looking at the bike last night, I see (what I think) is the frame bolt that the slider would replace. Do Trex frame Sliders use a bolt that is as strong as the current frame bolt that it would be replacing? Are other aftermarket sliders better?

This bolt looks as though it is under substantial strain and should be replaced with one of equal strength.

I agrre that frame sliders are necessary are a 'new' bike. Please advise..

Regards,

-Paul B)

Motovation or OES

Both built well (machine pressed aluminium inserts over Delrin Sliders). OES are 1/2 the price of the Motovation.

I've not had to re-tighten my OES sliders since install, and verfied they do the job on a zero speed dumbass moment.

Both companies will sell you a single slider if you ding one up.

I'm taking the forum's member's advise and looking into some frame sliders for my FJR. Looking at the bike last night, I see (what I think) is the frame bolt that the slider would replace. Do Trex frame Sliders use a bolt that is as strong as the current frame bolt that it would be replacing? Are other aftermarket sliders better?

This bolt looks as though it is under substantial strain and should be replaced with one of equal strength.

I agrre that frame sliders are necessary are a 'new' bike. Please advise..

Regards,

-Paul B)
Paul,

I see you purchased a new 2010 FJR. You spent some $ on your bike and are not a tight wad like me.

I shopped for sliders recently- and after reading others opinions and experiences- I ditched the initial

urge to go with the T-rex. Motovation seems to be a top choice. I installed mine last week.

Tony

Thanks to all of you guys. I'll stay away from the Trex and pick up the motovations or OES. I'm sure the plastic on the bike thanks you as well.

Regards,

-Paul