Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-D

Reaction score
Now that I am sure I will be the proud owner of a new FJR in a couple days, I feel the need to start adding some necessary accessories. Although I hope I'll never need them, installing a set of Frame Sliders seems to be a must. What can you fellow readers tell me about which brand and/or type should I look for. Doing research over the internet, the Motovation Sliders appear to be pretty nice. But whom better to ask than FJR owners with experience.

So.....what do ya think? While you are at it, where do you suggest I buy them from?

Motovation Sliders: Cheap insurance- great product. Hope you get them and never need them.

And they last a good long time; Mine are 4 years old and look as good as the day I installed them.

I have the T Rex purchased off ebay. I like them alot, they are longer than some & I can put my feet up on them for highway pegs.

I have the "Motovation" set on my '05. The set I bought dosn't require drilling holes in your bodywork, and did their job admireably when I went down last Sept. The company was very helpful getting me a replacement.

Have the motivations. Awesome and look good on the bike. Blend right in with no issues.

Got the barends too. Annoying buzz in the handle bars at "cruisin" speed.

In case no one has told you the Feej LOVES to cruise at 80-90. Its the sweet spot. G spot.... whatever, that is where it just sings. So, ya might want a throttle lock as well. Have yet to get one so who am I to offer advice.

OH, may you never have to find out how effective the motivation frame sliders can be.

After starting almost the exact same thead a while back, I went with the OES sliders. They were about $50 shipped and arrived within 3 days. What was mentioned a lot then that I haven't seen on this thread yet was the difference between aluminum and delrin sliders. IMHO, always go with the delrin. The aluminum slider wont slide if you lay the bike down. It will gouge itself into the pavement and tear your frame up, or worse, flip your bike over, causing more damage than it prevented. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule, and I'm sure someone prefers aluminum over delrin, but I would bet the percentage is about 96% to 4% in favor of delrin.

you may also want to look at these: Clicky or ClickySkyway is also a forum member.
If you decide to go with these (the aluminum ones - they look fantastic), I'll sell you mine for a bargain. Less than a year old, installed, but never used...

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed the OES sliders today... https://www.oesaccessories.com/06-08FJR1300.html

What should have been a ten-minute job turned into a couple hours. See, I'm mechanically clueless and without tools. But I wanted to learn, so I ended up making three trips to various hardware stores buying tools. Got to use my newly purchased Bikemaster torque wrench too. Stopped tightening when I heard a loud click. Gee, this would have been fun except here in southern NM it's 110 degrees. After my last trip the tools, which were lying on the ground in the sun, were scorching hot.

But it's all done. They look good. Really is a ten-minute job if you have the tools.

Not to get you all worried, but I wonder what effect scorching sun has on a torque wrench? How much, if any, does it throw your torque value off? :blink:

I guess I'll have to take some time off work and ride to a warm and sunny climate to test this theory. :yahoo:

Went to the PO this morning and my OES sliders were waiting on me. Got home, grabbed the correct thinwall socket, allen wrench and the sliders. Followed the instructions to the letter. Removed and relaced the right side first.....then went to the left. It may have took 10 minutes. And that is because I was taking it slow because I haven't fooled with motor mounts before on a MC. They look good, and hopefully I will never have to use them.

Don

Last edited by a moderator: