Fred H. GIVI V46 Light Assembly

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Reaction score
FINALLY got around to installing Freds LED taillight/brake light assembly into my GIVI V46 box. Pretty cool stuff.

Fred, FWIW: I noticed right away that the little connectors supplied were wrong for the job. Those are circuitboard connectors... not condusive to unconnecting a lot. I replaced them with trailer connectors. I used the multi-wire ones because I'm going to install an internal 12v light INSIDE the box.

Anyway, here's what I did.

I need to get more of those sticky wire looms to complete the job.

Motorcycleanimals002.jpg

Motorcycleanimals003.jpg

Motorcycleanimals004.jpg

Motorcycleanimals005.jpg

Cool. I'd recommend dumping those crimp connectores under the seat in favor of soldered connections covered with shrink wrap. The crimped connectors will corrode enough in time to make the connections flaky.

The squarish-looking blue thingies are 2A inline fuse blocks.

The round blue connectors are really cool wire taps. They have been silicone sealed.

Oh, by the way............ when I ordered the GIVI V46, I specifically asked them to send me their fastest box.

They did! Sooooooo.....a silver V46 MUST be the fastest.............right??? :yahoo: :yahoo:

So, when we talked down in Packwood, you said you were thinking of selling it. Mind changed?
Not really. I'm just installing the stuff that I purchased many, many moons ago. I'm probably going to take it to CFR in June.

1. I installed the GIVI rack & V46 tail box with tailight/brakelight circuit.

2. I installed a dual outlet powerlet.

3. Installing an auxillary fuseblock for all the farkles: heated vest cabling, wiring loom for Sirius satellite radio, radar detector, ipod, Quest GPS & a Mixit2 for all the audio.

Cool!

The power leads hanging are just pigtails. I haven't started the wire harness yet.

Motorcycleanimals008.jpg

Motorcycleanimals009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The trailer connector is a good idea, except I keep forgetting to unplug the lights before I yank the top box off. The connector that Fred supplies just pulls right out without damaging the wires.

The trailer connector is a good idea, except I keep forgetting to unplug the lights before I yank the top box off. The connector that Fred supplies just pulls right out without damaging the wires.
Sometimes I do the same thing..... sorta.

When I go to wash the bedding, I just pull everything off the bed. Sometimes I forget she's still in it. :unsure: :unsure: :blink: