Free Set of Helibars Horizon ST Handlebars for FJR 1300!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky1974

Reaction score
After riding my bike on a 2741 mile trip last week, I decided it was finally time to do something about my handlebars and seat. After reading the info on here and Russell's website I decided that the handlebars need to be done first. I remember reading an article in Rider Magazine about a year ago that said that Helibars was working on Horizon ST handlebars for the FJR1300. https://www.ridermagazine.com/gear/helibars-horizon-st-multi-adjustable-handlebars-product-review.htm After I couldn't find any info on their website, I e-mailed them. Here is the e-mail string.

Jennifer,

Damn! I wish I had Known! I actually rode my bike through Cornish, ME week before last.

It was that trip that convinced me that I need to do something about my handlebars.

Oh well, its probably for the best. My buddy probably wouldn't have wanted me on the back

of his BMW for the thousand mile ride back to Kentucky. I'll post this info on the FJR Forum.

Maybe we can find you somebody closer who wants a free set of handlebars.

Thanks,

Anthony

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 1:03 PM

To: Anthony Gilbert

Subject: Re: Form submission from: Contact Heli Modified: Makers of HeliBars

Hi Anthony

We are currently trying to locate a bike for R&D. If you know anyone in

the New England Area have them contact us. The owner of the loaner gets

the first production set FREE.

Kind Regards,

Jennifer

On 9/27/2012 10:44 AM, Anthony Gilbert wrote:

> Submitted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 10:44am

> Submitted by anonymous user: [173.191.36.169]

> Submitted values are:

>

> Name: Anthony Gilbert

> Email: [email protected]

> Message:

> Are Horizon ST handlebars in the works for the Yamaha FJR 1300? I read an

> article in Rider magazine about a year ago that said that they were under

> development. I've been waiting ever since for their release. I still don't

> see anything on your website about them, so I thought I'd ask.

>

> Thanks,

> Anthony Gilbert

>

>

> The results of this submission may be viewed at:

> https://www.helibars.com/node/117/submission/9164

So the bottom line is: If somebody in the northeast will let Helibars use their bike for development, they get a free set of handlebars(about a $700 value)and then we can all have them.

>

After riding my bike on a 2741 mile trip last week, I decided it was finally time to do something about my handlebars and seat. After reading the info on here and Russell's website I decided that the handlebars need to be done first. I remember reading an article in Rider Magazine about a year ago that said that Helibars was working on Horizon ST handlebars for the FJR1300. https://www.ridermagazine.com/gear/helibars-horizon-st-multi-adjustable-handlebars-product-review.htm After I couldn't find any info on their website, I e-mailed them. Here is the e-mail string.

Jennifer,

Damn! I wish I had Known! I actually rode my bike through Cornish, ME week before last.

It was that trip that convinced me that I need to do something about my handlebars.

Oh well, its probably for the best. My buddy probably wouldn't have wanted me on the back

of his BMW for the thousand mile ride back to Kentucky. I'll post this info on the FJR Forum.

Maybe we can find you somebody closer who wants a free set of handlebars.

Thanks,

Anthony

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 1:03 PM

To: Anthony Gilbert

Subject: Re: Form submission from: Contact Heli Modified: Makers of HeliBars

Hi Anthony

We are currently trying to locate a bike for R&D. If you know anyone in

the New England Area have them contact us. The owner of the loaner gets

the first production set FREE.

Kind Regards,

Jennifer

On 9/27/2012 10:44 AM, Anthony Gilbert wrote:

> Submitted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 10:44am

> Submitted by anonymous user: [173.191.36.169]

> Submitted values are:

>

> Name: Anthony Gilbert

> Email: [email protected]

> Message:

> Are Horizon ST handlebars in the works for the Yamaha FJR 1300? I read an

> article in Rider magazine about a year ago that said that they were under

> development. I've been waiting ever since for their release. I still don't

> see anything on your website about them, so I thought I'd ask.

>

> Thanks,

> Anthony Gilbert

>

>

> The results of this submission may be viewed at:

> https://www.helibars.com/node/117/submission/9164

So the bottom line is: If somebody in the northeast will let Helibars use their bike for development, they get a free set of handlebars(about a $700 value)and then we can all have them.

>
Damn! that is one sweet deal! I wish I lived up there...ok, I don't actually wish I lived up there, Colorado is almost perfect, but some lucky local is going to get a sweet set-up.

Well I live less than 2 hr. from them and changing my bars is the next priority. I will call them Tues. and get more info about using my bike as a test mule. Stay tuned.

Please ! Sombody just make some triple clamps or bar clamps for accepting a standard 7/8" or 1" bar!!!
Like this one from Spiegler Performance (LSL)? The site doesn't list a kit for GENIIs and I don't ever recall anyone posting if a GENI clamp will fit a GENII.

Might be worth a closer look though...

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Please ! Sombody just make some triple clamps or bar clamps for accepting a standard 7/8" or 1" bar!!!
Like this one from Spiegler Performance (LSL)? The site doesn't list a kit for GENIIs and I don't ever recall anyone posting if a GENI clamp will fit a GENII.

Might be worth a closer look though...

--G
Gen 1 will not fit Gen 2, but I don't think there's any reason that one couldn't be done for a Gen 2. At $269, that Spiegler kit is not exactly cheap either. If Helibars does develop a Horizon ST kit for the Gen 2 FJR1300, this part will probably be part of the kit, but I'm not sure if they'd want to sell separately.

Well I live less than 2 hr. from them and changing my bars is the next priority. I will call them Tues. and get more info about using my bike as a test mule. Stay tuned.
Seems someone offered their bike before me. They plan to begin testing in early Nov. for about 2 months and plan to have a mid winter release for the new bars. Since I ride year 'round, I really didn't want to give up my bike for 2 months anyway. I may ride up and check them out on the test bike late Nov. and see if they are the best way to go for me.

In case anyone is following this thread, I spoke with Heli last week and they informed me they have canceled development of the Horizon ST for our FJRs. However, they just released something called a "handlebar bridge" which looks like it gives more pull-back than any other solution I've seen. Might be the ticket for some of us looking to sit more upright. Hmm....

In case anyone is following this thread, I spoke with Heli last week and they informed me they have canceled development of the Horizon ST for our FJRs. However, they just released something called a "handlebar bridge" which looks like it gives more pull-back than any other solution I've seen. Might be the ticket for some of us looking to sit more upright. Hmm....
Thanks for the heads up. I've lost track of this venture. I just put an MV riser on mine and this concept is very similar. I wish they had more pics on their site to show all 3 adjustment positions. I also do not know how they can have up to a 3" pullback with only changing out the brake hose. Most of my other hoses/cables are pretty tight with the MV which has a 1.5" pullback.

https://www.helibars.com/product/yamaha-fjr1300-handlebar-bridge-2006-2013-us-european