Free tools for the FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks.

Bosch is good stuff.

6-8 weeks delivery.

The waiting is the hardest part!

Speeds and simplifies fluid draining:

i_augerbit.jpg

Easy access to rear drive train parts, lubing the drive shaft is a snap:

blade_rcm6x2.gif

Get that nasty stock shock right out and make room for the [SIZE=14pt]Wilbers Shock:[/SIZE]

blade_rdm6x2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
can't never get enough tools :)

I wonder howm much I'll spend on other stuff, trying to use my free bit/blade?

Hey, CM, Thanks for the link !! :clap:

Once my bit and blade arrive, I'll be ready to start on that project my wife wants me to do .... ..... :unsure: wait a minute ......... :beee: ......... oh crap. :bigeyes:

My blade arrived today. I forgot I even requested it. I got the heavy metal cutting blade and it looks like a very nice tool. Can't beat the price.

Since this topic has come up again and this question was never answered...

Does anyone know what the diff is between a Type I Spur Auger and a Type II Ship Auger?
Auger bits have a self feeding screw tip that draws the bit into wood as you drill. Auger bits are almost solely used in a hand brace. The Type I bit has a cutting spur on the side of the flute that scribes a sharp edge to the hole that helps prevent splintering and chip-outs. It is used in applications unlikely to encounter nails or staples.

Type II bits generally range from 3/8–1½" dia. with overall lengths of 7½ to24". The Type II screw point cuts through nails, staples and screws in soft or hard wood.

auger.jpg

FWIW, I used a Type I auger to cut the suport post holes for my Yamaha trunk mounting plate. I chose this bit because it was slow (hand brace) and the spur cuts a very clean hole.

My blade arrived yesterday. I don't think it's going to fit my Craftsman saber saw though. Mount area is wider for a another more professional saw (Bosch?) :angry:

My blade arrived yesterday. I don't think it's going to fit my Craftsman saber saw though. Mount area is wider for a another more professional saw (Bosch?)  :angry:
The blade I ordered got here last week.

Do not know yet if it will fit the Milwaukee Sawzall yet.

It appears that it should fit.

It also appears to be of high quality.

My blade arrived yesterday. I don't think it's going to fit my Craftsman saber saw though. Mount area is wider for a another more professional saw (Bosch?) :angry:
It won't fit a saber saw. Made specifically for a Sawsall type saw. My 'Sawsall' is actually a cheapo Craftsman model but it has a bigger chuck than a saber saw.