French Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like a Gen I seat, although I can't say for sure, and I have no idea what this seat is. Is it just a stock seat?

But at that price, you're not far off from a custom Russell seat (assuming you're looking for just increased rider comfort, not passenger as well).

Boy, talk about buying a pig in a poke. Interesting looking seat, but there are lots of other options that we have a lot of collective experience with on the forum here. Plus I clicked on the website, and it looks like their pricing is from 158 to around 208 Euros. That's under $300 at today's rates. So maybe the Ebay seller is tacking on a pretty good shipping charge in his "free shipping" price. By the way (and I didn't really read the whole website thoroughly) the seats shown there have a symbol I can't duplicate, but basically ">2006," meaning Gen II. The symbol they're using is the "equal to or greater than," not just the "greater than" symbol I used.

I currently have the Top Sellerie seat on my 05. Bev and I took our 5000 mile trip last summer and I am more then pleased. Previous seats tried were stock, Corbin and Sargent. This is the most comfortable of those listed. I'm 5'6" , 160lbs and stock size was fine for me but they can vary the saddle length. I ordered mine from the website where more choices are available.

Top Sellerie

I currently have the Top Sellerie seat on my 05. Bev and I took our 5000 mile trip last summer and I am more then pleased. Previous seats tried were stock, Corbin and Sargent. This is the most comfortable of those listed. I'm 5'6" , 160lbs and stock size was fine for me but they can vary the saddle length. I ordered mine from the website where more choices are available.

Top Sellerie

Do you recall what it cost for shipping and import costs?

Ross

Top Sellerie
How long did it take to receive it? And what about the Pillion seat? My wife is complaining that her seat is uncomfortable after 100 miles or so. Is the Pillion much improved over stock?

This is from my invoice.

Designation Price Qty Total

[1] Type 1 deluxe seat

YAMAHA FJR 1300 [01-05]

[bargains - REF1378]

Model Year : 2005

Colors and materials

Front of seat : SEL003

Front strip : SEL005

Seats : SEL003

Strips : SEL005

Edging : SEL090

Stitching and embroiderery

3 cm stitching line : Silver

Lettering style : Outline lettering

Thread color : Silver

Text : FJR

Designs on seats

Designs : no

Shape, Gel®, seat heater

Shape : standard

Gel® : none

Seat heaters : none

Base options

Choice : I buy a base € 198,00 1 € 198,00

Order Total : € 198,00

Shipping charges : € 78,12

Amount due : € 276,12

My order went in on the 14th of April and the unit was shipped on the 16th. Delivery took approx 2 weeks.

Bev was also pleased with the seat and although I may do 500 mile days when 1 up, we rarely do that when travelling. Seat complete - REF1792 is the seat I purchased.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information. Unfortunately with shipping and customs/GST/HST, it puts it into the price range of the Russell. As nice as they look, I am reluctant to spend that much on something I can't try out. I can manage a 700+ mile day on the stock seat but admit that the last couple of hundred are less than totally comfortable.