Front and Rear Bearing Parts Number or Specs?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
Anybody heard this before and wanna snicker?

[SIZE=12pt]I searched and searched and couldn't find [/SIZE] cross-reference part numbers for the rear bearings and seals....or the fronts either. Nor could I find specific specs for any of them. I also don't remember anybody mentioning it before either.

Yamaha Rear Bearings

Wheel Side Bearing 93306-30446-00
Wheel Side Seal 93106-40027-00

Hub Side Bearing 93306-20480-00
Hub Side Seal not applicable

Yamaha Front Bearings

Bearing x2 93306-00420-00
Seal x2 93106-28043-00
Anybody actual ever do the cross-reference and look up after-market parts? I'm thinking of replacing everything with 110K on the odo (hub side is going out for sure) and was pondering after-market like Timkens or All Balls (they do have the fronts listed)? If so, I'd even volunteer to put them in the FAQ.

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like your not the first with this idea although it appears to have gone nowhere....Clicky

The bearing and seal number should be stamped on the side of the bearing/seal. Universal code. Alternatively, you could measure the OD, ID, width, etc but you'd have to figure out what the service factor is (I can't remember the exact phrase, it differentiates between tractor bearings and submarine bearings).

If you want to plan ahead and get the bearings before tearing into the bike, I think you're out of luck. However, most good industrial bearing houses will carry this stuff. Unless Yamaha had these special made (hope not) like SAAB did for their wheel bearings. Only available from SAAB. :angry:

Looks like your not the first with this idea although it appears to have gone nowhere....Clicky...

If you want to plan ahead and get the bearings before tearing into the bike....
That jives with my memory. No promises, but I fortunately have two rear wheel setups and may try to measure bearings and post up....All Balls on the front. Assuming similar or better quality than Yamaha...they're cheaper.

Thanks.

You might start HERE

and HERE

Problem is, you have to figure out what type of bearing you have and what class of application (generally has to do with the percision and clearance of the bearing). If I had to guess, wheel bearings are probably single row angular contact to carry both thrust and radial loads.

Damn, now you've got me curious....

Anybody heard this before and wanna snicker?
[SIZE=12pt]I searched and searched and couldn't find [/SIZE] . . . .
Wish I could've found it and given you a raft of shit. :p

But honestly, when I read that intro, the first thing that came to mind was "hey, that's an Elvis song. Of course I've heard it." Before your time, youngster, but that's pretty close to the lyrics of "Cryin' in the Chapel":

"I've searched and I've searched

But I couldn't find

No way on earth

To gain peace of mind"

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea, Matt.

I'm with BwanaDik. Pull a set of bearings and walk them into a bearing supply house. They should be able to cross-reference the numbers.

What a great addition to the FAQ.

I'm a simpleton...just called "Motorcycle Superstore", asked about wheel bearings, and my friend Charles pulls up to the house in his big brown truck handing me a set of "All Balls" :rolleyes:

Had a nice talk with a guy at cbrbearing.com where Warchild has procured from before with his Blackbird and ST. They had more information than I had, but did note some possible fuzzy numbers between years for one part of the rear wheel bearing. I'm gonna do some measurements and I might be able to add them as an option that would have kits available.

Hope to get to it this week.

Just reviving this thread with a little info, as I am searching for wheel bearings too. I spent quite bit of time on a spreadsheet for all years, but I do not know the measurements for rear bearings to see if there is an aftermarket source, other than '03.

For front bearings, the easy way out is All Balls 25-1403 which comes with seals, good for all years. Could not find listings for 2010, but I'm assuming nothing changed. This is a 22mm ID x 44 OD x 12 thickness, industry number 60/22 (may have a letter suffix). Ron Ayers prices aren't much different than AllBalls if you prefer OEM for bearings and seals.

As for the rears, for 2003 I found a post on another FJR forum that said they were 6304 for the right and 6204 for the left. The '03 hub bearing is different and quite expensive from Yamaha ($49 list). The right bearing did not change for all years, however the right seal did in '04 and again in '08. From '04 onward, the bearing numbers changed for the left and are the same for all years onward, ABS or non. The hub bearing changed also in '04 and is only $18 list, same for all years onward. All Balls does not list a kit for rears.

My conclusion is, the OEM prices from Ron Ayers aren't much different from aftermarket (cheaper actually, I recently bought some bearings locally and had to pay $20 each for them), and you don't have to be too worried about cheapie bearings from somewhere. As for seals, just order the ones for your year.

Steering head bearings are another matter, just get the AllBalls kit, as it includes seals and the OEM set is quite expensive.