Front seat adjustmenter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thompsonian

Mr. Christmas Pants
Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty sure that my 06 didn't come with this part since I bought it used. I'm wanting to get one, and went to my LOCAL dealer ( idiots ) who couldn't tell me the right part number. I think that since it wasn't some type of ATV, they had no friggin idea what it was. Can someone please either take a quick snapshot of theirs and if possible shoot me the part number? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Dave

Well, that's the same thing I was looking at earlier today. Thing is, is it #6 that I need? I have been told it's something that you have to turn upside down to make the adjustments. Thanks for the linky though :clapping:

Parts 6 and 7 are the seat high height adjustment system. Part 6 is part pf the seat tray, it is embossed with a L and H for low and high, those line up with a mark on the frame. In this pic mine is in the high position; you can't see the H but you can see the mark on the frame at the bottom of the red oval and if you look closely the alignment arrow on the tray:

fjrseat001.jpg

At the front under the tank is where the tongue of the front seat goes:

fjrseat002.jpg

for the high position the tongue goes in the red circle, for the low position the tongue goes in the blue circle.

Part 7 is used to cover the unused hole:

fjrseat003.jpg

Here I have it placed to cover the top hole:

fjrseat005.jpg

here it is installed:

fjrseat004.jpg

FWIW, part 7 has been sitting on my workbench for two years.

Last edited by a moderator:
YES YES YES!!! :clapping: :clapping:

Dude, if you were closer, I'd buy you a beer bout now! The big black thing is what I need. So it's part number 6 on the diagram huh? Cool. I guess now I can go see the idiots and order the piece I need. Thanks a bajillion!!