Front stands

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woovis

Reaction score
Hey all,

Quick Q: about front end stands, what you're using and what works well...

I have a set of the Handy Industries stands, but the front stand uses the "pins" that go up into the holes at the bottom of the forks. The FJR pinch bolt is pretty "shallow" and I expect this stand will hurt it.

I also have a Handy front stand that uses the pin that goes up into the steering stem, but see that area is block/closed off on the FJR...

Recs?

Hey all,

I have a set of the Handy Industries stands, but the front stand uses the "pins" that go up into the holes at the bottom of the forks. The FJR pinch bolt is pretty "shallow" and I expect this stand will hurt it.

I also have a Handy front stand that uses the pin that goes up into the steering stem, but see that area is block/closed off on the FJR...

Recs?
I just use the center stand and a jack with a board under the headers. If you need extra height, put a board under the centerstand first. You are using the centerstand as a pivot so the weight on the headers is not harmful.IMHO

As an afterthought, if you remove your front wheel, put stands under the fork legs just in case your jack gets ED

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all,

Recs?
I use a Handy Industries fork stand that my brother had for his Busa...never had any issues with the pins hitting the pinch bolt threads.

With the bike on the centerstand put 120lbs of weight on the passenger seat / rack area. I used three 40 lbs bags of topsoil. Front end will be up in the air. Stack 2x4 for safety under the headers.

With the bike on the centerstand put 120lbs of weight on the passenger seat / rack area. I used three 40 lbs bags of topsoil. Front end will be up in the air. Stack 2x4 for safety under the headers.
I find it easier to just have the old lady sit back there for the duration.

Hey all,

Recs?
I just use the center stand and a jack with a board under the headers. If you need extra height, put a board under the centerstand first. You are using the centerstand as a pivot so the weight on the headers is not harmful.IMHO
Yup. Same thing, a small hydraulic jack and small block of wood. Stay off the plastic and there's no problem. Couldn't be easier.

Hey all,

A few years ago, I bought one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1100-LB-MOTORCYCLE-DIRT-BIKE-ATV-SCISSOR-MINI-JACK-LIFT-STAND-CENTER-FLOOR-NEW-/140750924233?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item20c568a9c9&vxp=mtr#ht_2958wt_1116

Works good on all my bikes except my Ducati Monster. I just used it yesterday to R+R a front tire. I also use it a lot in conjunction with my Handy-Lift to change rear tires. Makes lining up axle bolts/spacers/etc a breeze. Just lower/raise until everything lines up... :)