Front wheel chock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Killing time at harbor freight this afternoon and wandered upon a stack of boxes containing mtr cycle front wheel chocks for 34.95, these were the type you roll your front wheel in and it flips up in the back behind the wheel locking the bike vertical so the rider can dismount and strap her down. I have one already, of a different brand, so I did not get one of these, but if it is halfway decent as the picture looked it is a good value.

I have seen that one, and to me it is good for dirt bikes. The flipper is a bit high, but might be OK. Might be my imagination, I'll have to look again.

On the other hand, I just got the larger 97841 you can get on sale for $59. However, even with the flipper placed in the rearmost position, it does not lock you in. The FJR will roll back unless left in gear.... therefore, the real fix is to drill some more holes to move the pivot back. I don't know what they were thinking, as it is good only for smaller wheels, like scooter size (15"). Anyway, no biggie to drill.

Last edited by a moderator: