Ft. Worth, Glacier Nat'l Park and back

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertwy

Reaction score
Planning a trip from Fort Worth to Glacier Nat'l Park and back in early September.

Our schedule is tentatively as follows. If anyone plans to be in those areas on those dates, let me know and we will try to meet and say "hello" and exchange a few riding stories.

Friday, 9/1 Ft.Worth to Taos, NM

Saturday, 9/2 Taos to Ouray, CO

Sunday, 9/3 Ouray to near Park City, UT (haven't nailed down exactly where yet)

Monday, 9/4 Park City to Idaho Falls, ID

Tuesday, 9/5 Idaho Falls to Kalispell, MT

Wednesday, 9/6 Tour Glacier Park (relax, need an off day)

Thursday, 9/7 Glacier to Gardiner, MT

Friday, 9/8 Gardiner to Steamboat Springs, CO

Saturday, 9/9 Steamboat to Poncha Springs, CO

Sunday, 9/10 Poncha Springs to Fort Worth (a long ride home)

This trip covers a little over 4,000 miles in ten days. Do you think that's too much distance to cover and doesn't allow time to see and enjoy the surroundings? I plan to try and take a good number to photos to put on my website.

Thanks,

Robert

Well everybody's different but for me, 500 miles a day is a very liesurely relaxed pace. My FJR is my primary transportation and I ride every day but 10 days in the saddle on the highway might just take it's toll. I'd be fine with it. Enjoy and good luck!

I never make my mile quota when I take a lot of pictures, always takes time to compose and shoot them. I also find myself seeing good shots from the cockpit when I should be concentrating on RIDING.

Looks like a fun trip but that last day is going to stink coming back into the hot nasty Metromess.

Thanks, for your comments, guys. Yea, the last day is going to suck. I've done that before, coming out of the mountains where the temperature is great into TX where it's 103 degrees. The last time I did that in my Harley days, I went and bought a trailer.

Thanks again,

Robert