• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Fuel Cell - Complete (nearly) Gen 1 Aux Fuel Cell setup - $300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txvoyager

Reaction score
Only $300 plus actual shipping...

Up for sale is the aux fuel cell set up (gravity feed) I have been using on the 2003 I have for sale in a different thread. This cell was installed for and used successfully in my 49-state ride in 2012 and the IBR this year. Included is the tank (Tour Tank -- 10x14 -- 4.3 gallons) and the custom aluminum mount (Gen 1-specific) made by a member of this forum. The mount includes two sides which bolt to the frame in place of the pillion seat. The tank is mounted to an aluminum plat which quickly bolts to the two sides. Total on or off time is about 20 minutes, allowing for use only when you actually need it. The flow valve is mounted in one of the sides for a very clean look. You will need to source a bulkhead fitting, a short length of fuel hose for the tank connection, a quick disconnect and 4 spring nuts. I can provide all of the details for those items and resources from where to procure them.

New+10x14+Tank.jpg

Please ask for additional pics if interested. As mentioned, the bike is also for sale, and if not purchased in its entirety, other farkles will become available shortly. Let me know if there is something interesting in the list on my ad...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just about finished collecting the pieces for my own fuel cell set up. I wish I had waited for this one!

I'm interested in the dash shelf if you consider selling it.

John

In the pic below (and in this original thread) you can see the detail of my tank's mount. The tank, plumbing and even the platform would transfer to a Gen II with little issue, but you would have to solve connecting it to the Gen II frame... On the other hand, it might be worth it since I'm selling the package for just a couple of dollars more than the Tour Tank by itself, not including mount and plumbing... Hmmm...

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/144065-gen-i-seat-replacing-rear-rack/?hl=%2Bfuel+%2Bcell&do=findComment&comment=945342

AuxFuel-BothSides.jpg

Glad you got it sold, just thought I'd check. I'm putting one on my bike for next year...one way or another.