Fuel Injector synchro tool

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymac

Reaction score
I was reading about the maintenance item where you synchronize the Fuel Injectors using a special tool. I called Motion Pro to buy one of these and they said that they no longer sell them. Apparently, mercury is a no-no in CA, the granola state.

Is there any where else to get these syncho devices? The procedure looks pretty simple, but one is dead in the water without this special carb synch tool. It basically looks like 4 thermometers on a piece of plastic with tubes that you hook up to the 4 sychro vacuume points on the FJR.

Thanks! I know you guys are savvy as to where to get one of these.

or you can make one yourself -- Clicky

and although Motion Pro discontinued the mercury ones -- they are still available at MAWonline $45.99, and others. Clicky

or the deluxe mode for $74.95 Clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
If you call any Cycle Gear in your area, they may have them still floating around in stock. I bought mine a few months ago and they still had several in stock.

Odd, b/c I was wondering why I could find them on-line (p/n 08-0010) yet Motion Pro makes no mention of them on the website. Guess this answers that Q, but I am puzzled that they still sell mercury refills for ~$20.

Prices really run the gamut on the econmy one...I have seen them for $44.95 all the way up to $65.10

WHITEHORSE GEAR has one available for 49.95 and mercury refill for 16.50

mac