Funky Helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
I don't know what to think of this. What sayeth you all? Check out the below link - the helmet has LEDs built in!

38423_4.jpg

Ahhhhh........clicky HERE young grasshoppers for the path to Ghostrider helmet enlightenment!

If you were in VA-164 it'd be a cool helmet. If not, you're a "poser." I believe that translates into the second choice.

EDIT - korekted spelling!

Last edited by a moderator:
You throw up these softballs my friend. Pick your comeback from my purely satirical list:

• How long do you have to wear it before you get the prize?
  • I bet you get free bowl of soup with that helmet.
  • That is the worst looking helmet I ever saw........but it looks good on you though
I think you should get one. It will draw attention to you at the show. You can hang out with the dude with the NASA Aerostich and compare your service records when you flew missions by the no-fly zone in The Gulf.

Welllll..... No, It ain't gay.

I've seen that lid or one just like it without the navy decals, Kid down the road got it last fall with his GSX.

I'll have to check it out next time I see him, like to see just what the interior lighting is all about.

btw he also has a helmet with a built in cooling fan, never seen that prior to his. He says it works pretty good, but, then again he's still in his twentys so, :rolleyes: what does he know? :lol:

:jester:

Totally gay, but somehow it works for you.

LED 'afterburners' are what kinda killed any cool for me. That's just a little to ricer for me.

Well, I wasn't asking for myself. I was thinking this helmet had Warchild written all over it. :lol: Seeing he is an ex-squid and all.

Thought maybe the forum could take up a collection and buy him one. Generate some good karma, so as to get our Group Buys back.

:rofl:

Well, I wasn't asking for myself. I was thinking this helmet had Warchild written all over it. :lol: Seeing he is an ex-squid and all.
Thought maybe the forum could take up a collection and buy him one. Generate some good karma, so as to get our Group Buys back.

I'm in fer a fiver... nah, make it ten B)

Gay. :clown2:

Oh, not too mention thats its gonna be noisy with all of that cool looking duct work on top. My ICON helmet has it. It looks cool, but I wear ear plugs.

judging from his recent post about sliding his r1 on the street, i'd say warchild is still a squid. :D mc, i'm not good enough to be a squid. i'm more like a jellyfish. BTW, that helmet would be cool if it was on the head of who it was intended for, a fighter pilot.

I'll kick in, got some bucks that aren't doing anything. As for the helmut, naa, I'll stay with what I got.

Skooter, git over here so I can slap you back into reality. Jeeze. Wait, on second thought, you do like to run around your back yard, arms stretched out, making airplane noises... feck it. Go for it!

:grin:

I don't really mind the way it looks, but it is too pricey for me and I don't need another device with batteries to keep charged up.

And I'm not chipping in for one for WC because all those group buys do is cost me even more money. :p That Muzzy system would be very nice on my bike though, ..... No, must resist, and that's final, well .... maybe.

I thought we all were ex squids. :D Well, I like to think I'm ex anyways. :unsure:
Not I Gunga Din. My previous bike was a Kawasaki W650. For me the FJR was a rocket in comparison. I still maintain it doesn't have a throttle but a velocity selector :yahoo:

When my dad was the Commander of VA-34 years ago, they took his VW bug and put all the decals and stuff on it to make it look like an A-6 Intruder. That was cool, because he was the commander of the squadron. However, if he was just some guy on the street? Uh, I don't think so....

And yes, the LED "afterburners" were/are pathetic IMO.

But, if it had the flip down sun visor like the Schuberth's do, you could always flip it down and yell out loud for all the world to hear, "We're going ballistic Mav!" This of course would only work if the afterburner LEDs were on......

If not, you're a "posser." I believe that translates into the second choice.
What's a posser? A cross between a "poser" and a "possum"?

:lol:
That dude reminded me of the assistant mechanic in mad max where he's repeating everything the mech(dude in the suspension rig) and max are saying. "aye k".

If not, you're a "posser." I believe that translates into the second choice.
What's a posser? A cross between a "poser" and a "possum"?

:lol:
It's a cross between the American slang "poseur" and the British slang "tosser"... :lol:

The best thing about this helmet is the graphics. The paint theme is taken from one of the Navy's more famous fighter squadrons, VF-103 "Jolly Rogers".

Aside from that.... it doesn't appear to be an overly swift helmet, from its description. The big objection is the wind noise... that would rule it out right there for most LD Riders.

Though the built-in map light is kinda cool.... but I believe I'll stick with my plain-jane Shoei RF1000.