FZ mirror prices

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bes

Reaction score
Guys, got quoted $153 for the set, not sure if that included shipping(U Motors). Any suggestions......

Ronayers.com has them for about $50/piece. I have used them and had great service.

JW

Guys, got quoted $153 for the set, not sure if that included shipping(U Motors). Any suggestions......
Do a search for other posts on the prices. When I bought mine (through the dealer), I did a search and there were folks that bought after market FZ mirrors that were having issues with vibration. I think I saw a fix for the vibration on one of the after market mirrors. With the OEM mirrors there is NO vibration.

Don't for get to get the mount plate that goes between the bottom of the mirror and the bike's body. I forgot to get them but and some 1/8" gasket material and made a set.

I bought my FZ1 mirrors from zanottimotors.com for only $38 each plus normal shipping. Cheapest place I've found for factory parts.
URL is actually https://www.zanottimotor.com . The one you listed is being "squatted" upon. :(

Do you have a part number? Their web site is awful.

Same with Ronayers.com - these folks may know motorcycles but they haven't a clue how to sell on the internet...

Last edited by a moderator:
Do a search for other posts on the prices. When I bought mine (through the dealer), I did a search and there were folks that bought after market FZ mirrors that were having issues with vibration. I think I saw a fix for the vibration on one of the after market mirrors. With the OEM mirrors there is NO vibration.

Don't for get to get the mount plate that goes between the bottom of the mirror and the bike's body. I forgot to get them but and some 1/8" gasket material and made a set.

Roy, what is the mount plate? I thought there was a small gap with the OEM FZ mirrors. Where is the mount plate available? thanks Barry

Same with Ronayers.com - these folks may know motorcycles but they haven't a clue how to sell on the internet...
On Ronayers.com, just go to the online microfiche section and look it up. Just pick, oh, like an 03 FZ1, run through the assemblies until you find the part. Then, you don't actually have to enter the part number. You can just click on the part number under the diagram. It's pretty intuitive when you dig into it.

And seriously, with the number of OEM parts available across different bikes and manufacturers, there's no other way to do it. You can't print this stuff up in catalog form.

Roy, what is the mount plate? I thought there was a small gap with the OEM FZ mirrors. Where is the mount plate available? thanks Barry
There is no "mount plate" per se. To elimate the gap, swap the stock mount bushings for short bushings from Skyway. [skyway, if you're listening, here's a real opportunity for you. A packaged FZ1 mirror conversion kit for the Gen II FJR consisting of a pair of the Gen I ('05) FZ1 mirrors and 4 of the short bushings you include in your Soltek HID bracket kits.)

I bought my FZ1 mirrors from zanottimotors.com for only $38 each plus normal shipping. Cheapest place I've found for factory parts.
URL is actually https://www.zanottimotor.com . The one you listed is being "squatted" upon. :(

Do you have a part number? Their web site is awful.

Zanotti Motors does not have a parts fiche available, so you need to know the part number you want. In this case, you'll want one part number 5LV-26280-00-00 and one part number 5LV-26290-00-00.

Barry,

I'm not sure what the other posts are talking about on as the other fix. The studs that come on the FZ1 mirrors hold the base of the mirror approximately 1/8" off the off the cowling. To fill that void I used gasket material to fill the gap. When I went back to the Yamaha parts site --> motorcycle --> 2004 --> fz1 --> cowling 1, the following parts are listed #23 and #24 are the mirrors. It looks like #25 fits between the cowling and the mirror base. I'm not sure that it does since the my gasket solution works fine I didn't order them.

23 5LV-26280-00-00 REAR VIEW MIRROR ASSY (LEFT) 1

24 5LV-26290-00-00 REAR VIEW MIRROR ASSY (RIGHT) 1

25 4SV-26298-00-00 PLATE, MIRROR FITTING 1 2

I'll look to see if I can find the template I used to cut the gasket if you want.

Roy

Get them from EBay. I have had them on my '05 from the beginning and they are fine.
And then, when the main knuckle fails because the rivet is not installed properly, you can post that here and we'll tell you how to replace the rivet with a bolt and nylock....like a number of us have had to do with the Ebay mirrors.

Get them from EBay. I have had them on my '05 from the beginning and they are fine.
And then, when the main knuckle fails because the rivet is not installed properly, you can post that here and we'll tell you how to replace the rivet with a bolt and nylock....like a number of us have had to do with the Ebay mirrors.
I learn something new here every day.

Glad my trigger happy bidding finger didn't jump too quickly!

I bow to your superior knowledge on the subject. Tell me where and what to buy and I will happily do so. The view of my elbows is getting *really* annoying....