FZ1 EMGO Mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the search box, type or copy paste this: +emgo +bolt

Yes, we have experience with them. They have a problem that can be fixed.

By using the + in the search box both the word emgo and the word bolt must be found. As a newbie all you would know to use for a search term is emgo, I happen to remember what it takes to fix the emgos -- a bolt. EMGO alone will return 2 pages of info on these mirrors; by adding bolt you only get the germane threads, roughly 4-5 specific threads.

Why would anyone cheap out on mirrors? You apparently like expensive toys. Get the OEM FZ1 mirrors and have no issues.

Finish your search and you may come to same conclusion others have: Get the OEM mirrors. Your search will also help you find a good source.

Rant over.

In the FWIW department, I have had them for 15k miles. The only issue I have is having to readjust them after I pull the bike cover off.

I have had a set of the Emgo aftermarket replacement mirrors mounted on my 04 FJR for 3 years & they are fine.. The point at which the mirror arm connects to & swivels , the base that attaches to the fairing is secured with a rivet & is weak & prone to breaking. If you drill out this rivit & replace it with a bolt & tension the nut with a stiff spring it works flawlessly. The Emgo mirrors are 1/2 the price of stock units.

Why would anyone cheap out on mirrors? You apparently like expensive toys. Get the OEM FZ1 mirrors and have no issues.
I have one Emgo and one OEM on my bike. I prefer the Emgo. I had two, one kinda got loose at the joint, so I bought an OEM. Wish I'd have replaced it with another Emgo, even after the required surgery. The OEM mirror has a loose head. Whenever I grab it to fold up for lane-sharing, it goes out of adjustment.

Anybody wanna buy it for half price of a new one, so I can get another Emgo?

Last edited by a moderator: