FZ1 mirrors on an 08?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmgrif

Reaction score
First will FZ1 mirrors fit and 08? Secondly does anyone know where I might purchase a set while I'm in California? Right now I'm in Los Gatos for another day then heading north back to Canada! Just thought of giving the forum a shot as there are so many forum members in the California area! Mark

If you want "real" FZ-1 mirrors and not the cheapo knockoffs you can buy on ebay (and you do), I'm thinking you'd do best to find some on the 'net. Maybe you could have them sent to somewhere you know you'll be on the way home. Even a forum member's house. I'm sure you could set that up here. I guess it's tougher to get things sent to Canada for whatever reason.

The posts are spaced the same of all generations, as has been asked and answered here, so they'll work wherever. I also recall reading (here) that the Gen I FZ-1 mirrors are preferred over the Gen II ones. Somebody please confirm that, though. I phoned Roseville Yamaha--an outstanding local dealer--and the parts guy told me they'd have to order some and it would take two to four business days to get them. Then he told me the zinger. They cost over 130 bucks APIECE! (And you'll, um, need two.) I'm sure you can do better than that, but WATCH OUT for the crappy ones. (It's an old thread, but still good info.)

Edit: Just found another thread on the same subject. Answers the rest of your questions, I think. Look here.

Last edited by a moderator: