FZ1 mirrors part numbers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palerider

Reaction score
Hi,

In the recent mirror thread a couple of people asked for part numbers for the mirrors to replace the stock FJR mirrors. I couldn't find my receipt, so I called UMotors in Fargo, and they looked up the transaction. The mirrors I bought for my 2006 were numbered 5lv-26280-00-00 and 5lv-26290-00-00.

These part numbers are from the 2001-2005 series FZ1s. I don't know if the subsequent years' mirrors fit. I do know that these fit perfectly.

I also don't know what UMotors is currently charging for them. There have been some recent changes there.

Hi,
In the recent mirror thread a couple of people asked for part numbers for the mirrors to replace the stock FJR mirrors. I couldn't find my receipt, so I called UMotors in Fargo, and they looked up the transaction. The mirrors I bought for my 2006 were numbered 5lv-26280-00-00 and 5lv-26290-00-00.

These part numbers are from the 2001-2005 series FZ1s. I don't know if the subsequent years' mirrors fit. I do know that these fit perfectly.

I also don't know what UMotors is currently charging for them. There have been some recent changes there.
Those are the ones I put on my '07 on Saturday and celebrated by riding 850 miles on Sunday and Monday. What difference in visibility :yahoo: !!!! You're quite a bit wider 44" total but well worth it especially on the twisties on the PCH through Big Sur. No moving of the elbows while turning or going straight for that matter to see in behind you.

I forgot to order 4SV-26298-00-00 which is the spacer between the bottom of the mirror and the bike. With out it there is approximately 1/8" gap. I had some 1/8" rubber gasket material and made a couple which seemed to work fine.

I was going to try the '07 FZ mirrors but my local parts guy wouldn't get me both sets - wanted to to it serially - and I wanted a solution before this past weekend's ride.

Love'm love'm no vibration even going 80mph with a 30 to 40 mph head to cross wind (don't ask about the gas mileage however :angry2: )

Hi,

Those are the ones I put on my '07 on Saturday and celebrated by riding 850 miles on Sunday and Monday. What difference in visibility :yahoo: !!!! You're quite a bit wider 44" total but well worth it especially on the twisties on the PCH through Big Sur. No moving of the elbows while turning or going straight for that matter to see in behind you.

I forgot to order 4SV-26298-00-00 which is the spacer between the bottom of the mirror and the bike. With out it there is approximately 1/8" gap. I had some 1/8" rubber gasket material and made a couple which seemed to work fine.

I was going to try the '07 FZ mirrors but my local parts guy wouldn't get me both sets - wanted to to it serially - and I wanted a solution before this past weekend's ride.

Love'm love'm no vibration even going 80mph with a 30 to 40 mph head to cross wind (don't ask about the gas mileage however :angry2: )
What color bike is yours black cherry or silver? What color or the mirrors you got? I have an 07 too and want the mirrors for it.

What color bike is yours black cherry or silver? What color or the mirrors you got? I have an 07 too and want the mirrors for it.
Black cherry. As Henry Ford said "you can have any color you want as long as it is black". I don' believe there is an option.

The only "issue" is with the CalSci windshield you can't fold the mirrors all the way back as they will hit the outside of the windshield. Don't know if they clear the stock ones or not as the CalSci screen came first.

Oh by the way, did I say it is a great mod!

Hi,

Thanks palerider!

I have a pair being boxed up as I type. Although I kind of wish they were color coded to the bike, black goes with

anything. I'm gonna like getting rid of the stock mirrors on my 07' as I have always felt the mounting section (lower

part where the folding section is) of the mirror is awkward looking. It just doesn't look right to me.

I didn't order any spacers...should I have??? I saw a spacer on the fiche...but it looked like it went inside the fairing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Thanks palerider!

I have a pair being boxed up as I type. Although I kind of wish they were color coded to the bike, black goes with

anything. I'm gonna like getting rid of the stock mirrors on my 07' as I have always felt the mounting section (lower

part where the folding section is) of the mirror is awkward looking. It just doesn't look right to me.

I didn't order any spacers...should I have??? I saw a spacer on the fiche...but it looked like it went inside the fairing.
I didn't get them. I also didn't install the mirrors--had the shop put them on--so I don't know if they're necessary.

Latest posts