FZ1 Mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger55

Reaction score
After my off-road adventure, I was needing to replace my left mirror. I had read some posts about the FZ1 mirrors so decided to try them. WOW! What a difference. I can actually see what's behind me now. Highly recommended. The fact that they fold back is a bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know any pics?
+1. There are links in the FAQ for new forum members, but the links to the pictures are bad. Would love to see pics. The FJR are better than the completely useless mirrors on the R1200RT, but they could be better...

where did you buy them and how much were they? I am tired of watching my elbows in the mirrors.
I bought mine from ronayers

SKU Part Number Description Qty Price Ext. Price

809165 5LV-26280-00-00 REAR VIEW MIRROR A 1 $59.97 $59.97

544097 3C3-26290-00-00 REAR VIEW MIRROR A 1 $59.97 $59.97

That's a little funny as the stock mirrors on the FZ1 give me an excellent view of my elbows!
uhoh.gif

They can be found for a retail price of $88.49 each and at PartShark.com for the discounted price of $59.01 each. These are items 38 Rear View Mirror A (part # 3C3-26280-00-00) and 39 Rear View Mirror A (part # 3C3-26290-00-00) If you check out either FZ1-forum.com or YamahaFZ1OA.com you might be able to find some that FZ1 owners are willing to sell cheap as many will replace with bar end mirrors or other after market mirrors.

I hope that helps. I'd be curious to see the FZ1 mirrors on an FJR. Does this work for all models of FJR, or just certain years?

Well, the previous link was for Partshark with the Gen II FZ1 (2006-present) mirrors. I'm afraid someone was referring to the Gen I FZ1 (2001-2005) mirrors. The Gen II mirrors twist, not really fold. I googled some pics of "FJR with FZ1 mirrors and I believe the pics were of the Gen I mirrors.

These can be found for a retail of $88.49 each and at PartShark.com for the discounted price fo $59.06 each. These are items 24 Rear View Mirror A (part # 5LV-26280-00-00) and 25 Rear View Mirror A (part # 5LV-26290-00-00).

The FZ1 sites should still be able to help, but I don't see as many Gen I FZ1's changing out mirrors, but it does happen. All you can do is ask.

I hope this helps and clears things up a bit.

In terms of safety, changing to FZ-1 mirrors was the single best

improvement I made to my FJR.

The new view to the rear was truly a revelation.

When I first test-rode the FJR a couple years ago, that was a huge disappointment for me. I could not imagine what sort of improvement the FZ1 mirrors might make.

So much for my lack of imagination -- it's like riding on a different bike!

I measured the distance between the outside edges of the FZ1 mirrors mounted on my FJR and it's just a couple inches less than the mirrors on my Wingabago. The FZ1 mirrors make the transition from one bike to the other a snap.

When I'm 'lane sharing' or filtering up to a traffic light, I just reach up with my left hand and fold the left mirror in until I'm where I need to be. Works like a charm.

Oh, and if you're concerned - like I was - that the single stalk on the FZ1 mirrors might be less stable and more prone to vibration or bumps than the stock mirrors (with two stalks supporting), don't be. That fabulous rear-visibility is crystal clear.

:crazy: Its really funny how something on one bike isnt any good but put it on another and its great. The Gen 1 FZ1 mirrors you guys are talking about are just about worthless on the FZ1, they give a GREAT view of your elbows. A lot of us FZ1 owners either do what's called the FuzzyOne Mirror Mod (which is putting the left mirror on the right side and right on the left - has the effect of pushing the mirros out and down giving a decent rear view) or buy aftermarket bar end or bar mount mirrors.

If you're looking for some check out www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum you can still find people selling them on there.

The mirror mounting points are considerably further apart on a Feejer than on a Fizzy. That's why the stock FZ mirror stalks are longer, and also why they work way more better on the FJR.
wink.png

I started out with cheap china FZ1 mirrors and it was a great improvement. The quality was typical china, at high speeds they would creep back and the glass quality was shite.

I finally broke down and got an om st....almost perfect.

There was still a blind spot on each side requiring a shoulder check in traffic. I went thru several types of spot mirrors. I wanted them on the inside lower edge because that was slightly wasted space, I could see a little handguard there.

The latest I have on are the Peterson V599. They have a thicker wedge than most and the glass pivots back to the inside as needed.

https://www.brandsport.com/glbl-ptrn-v599.html

I can now verify the hole I need in traffic without twisting my head!