G2 for gen 1 all the same?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animalrooster41

Reaction score
My son has a 04 fjr and for Christmas I am getting him the G2 throttle tamer. When I go to purchase it, it says on some sites for 06-07? Are they built all the same and will they fit any FJR any year? should I spend for the derilin insert?

My son has a 04 fjr and for Christmas I am getting him the G2 throttle tamer. When I go to purchase it, it says on some sites for 06-07? Are they built all the same and will they fit any FJR any year? should I spend for the derilin insert?

Usually people don't have issues with Gen 1 throttles, the G2 is made mostly for the touchy ones like my 2007. With that said the G2 is metal and the deriln inserts make for a nice smooth throttle. Couldn't hurt an 04 I guess, never ridden a first Gen.

I had a stiff throttle, and unwound the return spring (twice)and love it. No stiff wrist, no herky jerky w/ my SO. Do a search for TRS unwind and there is excellent step by step instructions. Only unwind once, then test the feel. I did twice by accident but it is ooooh so smooth.