G2 Throttle Tamer & PCIII combo on 07 - Excellent!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

07FJRVegas

Reaction score
I read many entries on this forum regarding addressing the sensitive throttle on my 07 and I appreciate all the information from other FJR riders. I finally took action!

The G2 throttle tamer, along with a Power Commander III, were installed at the same time on my 2007 Yamaha FJR1300 to address a very sensitive throttle and surging that made low speed control extremely difficult and unpleasant (problem is inherent with 06 & 07).

The throttle now works outstanding at low speed without any surging. I am able to idle around corners smoothly or gently let out the clutch without throttle and idle along smoothly at low speed. I'm not sure how much is attributed to the G2 and how much to the PCIII but the combined results are excellent.

I think my gas mileage is down by about 2-3 mpg. I was getting 38-39 mpg on last trip fully loaded bags/trunk with two passengers.

In my case, the results far exceed what I expected and have completely eliminated the issue. Totally different bike. I wish I would have done this sooner!