G2 Throttle Tube for 2006 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2006FJR

Administrator of Transportation
Reaction score
Is this the correct item to buy? LINK If so is there anything else I would need to buy from the install?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the correct item to buy? LINK If so is there anything else I would need to buy from the install?
Please note that there is a dropdown to pick A vs AE. I do not know what the difference is but it may have to do with the heated grips which are standard on the AE. This may mean that if you plan to add the heated grips, you may want the AE version. Either wait for more authoritative replies or contact the merchant. I bought my AE ones when they were offering a discound but I think that ended in December. I have not installed mine yet so cannot tell what modification may have been made for the AE.

Please note that there is a dropdown to pick A vs AE. I do not know what the difference is but it may have to do with the heated grips which are standard on the AE. This may mean that if you plan to add the heated grips, you may want the AE version. Either wait for more authoritative replies or contact the merchant. I bought my AE ones when they were offering a discound but I think that ended in December. I have not installed mine yet so cannot tell what modification may have been made for the AE.
Thank you, I did see that on their page. I looked on the Bin-O-Facts and I did not see what I was looking for so I thought I would ask. I also did not want to buy it and find out I should have also got the "insert misssing item" during the order. :unsure: I have 3 more items for the bike beofre I am done messing with it. The G2 Throttle, the Helibar and a Garmin Zumo.

Should I also get a new pair of grip puppies when I install the Throttle tube or can I slide the old grip puppies off and then back on? I am guessing it would be a good time to order a new set. I thought it would be a good idea to do these 3 mods all at the same time.

Thank you, I did see that on their page. I looked on the Bin-O-Facts and I did not see what I was looking for so I thought I would ask. I also did not want to buy it and find out I should have also got the "insert misssing item" during the order. :unsure: I have 3 more items for the bike beofre I am done messing with it. The G2 Throttle, the Helibar and a Garmin Zumo.

Should I also get a new pair of grip puppies when I install the Throttle tube or can I slide the old grip puppies off and then back on? I am guessing it would be a good time to order a new set. I thought it would be a good idea to do these 3 mods all at the same time.

I ordered a new set of puppies and they are cheap. Nice having the whole setup feel new in your hands...

I just bought a new pair of the small grip puppies from California Sport Touring for only $9.53 delivered. I looked them up and I bougt the last pair about 18 months ago and also bought a small so if anyone else is thinking about doing it that is the correct size to order.

Can anyone confirm that this item is the one I want to order?

detail_223_yamahadetail.jpg

[SIZE=18pt]NEVERMIND, I JUST ORDERED IT. IT LOOKS LIKE IT WOULD BE THE CORRECT MODEL. [/SIZE]

I just received this clarification from G2 concerning the differences between the A and AE versions...

The difference between an A tube and an AE tube is 4 tenths of an inch in length. The AE is longer because of the factory installed heated grips.

I just received this clarification from G2 concerning the differences between the A and AE versions...

The difference between an A tube and an AE tube is 4 tenths of an inch in length. The AE is longer because of the factory installed heated grips.
Dumb Question: I installed my grip puppies over my Yamaha stock grips, can I install the G2 then the heat, then the grip puppies? Or are the grips themselves somehow heated so there is no way to remove them from the equation without losing your heat.

Dumb Question: I installed my grip puppies over my Yamaha stock grips, can I install the G2 then the heat, then the grip puppies? Or are the grips themselves somehow heated so there is no way to remove them from the equation without losing your heat.
You have the AE, which included Yami heated grips standard. You have to carefully remove the stock heated grips, install them on the G2 tube (AE version), and then install the grip puppies over top.

The preferred and tried & true method for removing grips is a small pointed air nozzle and lots of air pressure. The grips will normally blow right off the tube and left bar.

The preferred and tried & true method for removing grips is a small pointed air nozzle and lots of air pressure. The grips will normally blow right off the tube and left bar.
piece of cake usually...

R

Caveat: I didn't do anything but the grip puppies, I had a guy do the G2 change with a bunch of other stuff.

But my A model has the G2, Honda heated grips, then the grip puppies over that. Lots of heat comes through.