Gaerne Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechJunkie

Reaction score
I am looking at the Gaerne G.King boots. Any one have experience with Gaerne boots in general or the G.King specifically? I am also looking that the Gaerne Panorama boots.

I need a new pair bad as I cheapened out on my last pair and not only did they leak, the side zipper blew out within three months. I like the Gaerne boots simply because they are somewhat cheaper than the SIDI boots. I like the G.King over the Panorama because it is taller. I hate having my pant leg ride up and expose the top of my boot.

Any suggestions are welcome. I am trying to say under $200.00 if possible.

Thanks.

(I did a search first and found little)

I've been using a pair of Gaernes for about 3 to 4 years now... don't think they make that model anymore, but they've held up very well. I've abused the crap out of them, and the soles are still in good shape, and the zipper and velcro closures still work well. They've never leaked on me, despite being in some frogchoking rain. Seem to keep my feet fairly warm in the cooler weather too. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair if I found a version I liked and the price was right.

I have a pair of the Garne Racing style boots. Don't remember the model, but they are the ones that are black/carbon fiber.

Pros:

Solid Construction

Look good

Moderatley Priced

Cons:

Don't fit my feet as well as my Sidi Strada's did

Seem loose around the top of the foot

Latch closures seem kind of clunky to me. I'm used to zipper/velcro

I really haven't worn them much since I got them to replace the Sidi's when they finally died. Well, I've moved and can't remember what box they are packed in so I haven't found them yet. But in a nutshell that's how I feel. Maybe if I wore thicker socks they would fit better. Or maybe I need to just save up and get another pair of Sidi's.

Didn't realize you had double posted. See my response in the other thread. A bit of heads up, some of the higher powers tend to frown on the double posting. Be patient and wait for some responses to flow in before posting it in another part of the forum. Not trying to be an ass, just a bit of friendly advice ;)

Didn't realize you had double posted. See my response in the other thread. A bit of heads up, some of the higher powers tend to frown on the double posting. Be patient and wait for some responses to flow in before posting it in another part of the forum. Not trying to be an ass, just a bit of friendly advice ;)
Yea, got that message. My first post simply vanished. I refreshed and looked around but could not find it. I guess it was moved before I was notified or something. Not sure. I just assume it was lost in cyberspace and posted again. Double posting was not my intention just the result. Oh well its Friday :headbonk:

Thank you for your input, however! :good:

I've been using a pair of Gaernes for about 3 to 4 years now... don't think they make that model anymore, but they've held up very well. I've abused the crap out of them, and the soles are still in good shape, and the zipper and velcro closures still work well. They've never leaked on me, despite being in some frogchoking rain. Seem to keep my feet fairly warm in the cooler weather too. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair if I found a version I liked and the price was right.

My concern with the newer Gaernes is that the Velcro closure that covers the entire zipper is gone. The only closure is at the top over the zipper pull. I do not live anywhere around a dealer that carries Gaernes in stock to check them out. I have email Gaerne directly and hope to hear from them.

Thanks for you input!

Yea, got that message. My first post simply vanished. I refreshed and looked around but could not find it.
Wanna see your posts...click on your name (or anybody else for that matter) and then Find Member's Posts.

Yea, got that message. My first post simply vanished. I refreshed and looked around but could not find it. I guess it was moved before I was notified or something. Not sure. I just assume it was lost in cyberspace and posted again. Double posting was not my intention just the result. Oh well its Friday :headbonk:

Thank you for your input, however! :good:
Good to see you have a sense of humor, you'll need itj here from time to time..

I bought a pair of discounted Joe Rocket somethingortheothers and they suck. Too hot, maybe FastJoyRide who lives in the great white north would like them, but for me.. too hot. Too long to break in too. Should have spent another 60 bucks and gotten a good pair o' boots..

Yea, got that message. My first post simply vanished. I refreshed and looked around but could not find it.
Wanna see your posts...click on your name (or anybody else for that matter) and then Find Member's Posts.
Didn't even think of that until I found out I had double posted. Thanks for the heads up! I will do better I promise! :blushsmiley:

Good to see you have a sense of humor, you'll need itj here from time to time..
I bought a pair of discounted Joe Rocket somethingortheothers and they suck. Too hot, maybe FastJoyRide who lives in the great white north would like them, but for me.. too hot. Too long to break in too. Should have spent another 60 bucks and gotten a good pair o' boots..
You can't take life too seriously!

I was looking at a pair of Joe Rocket boots and decided against them after reading reviews. I really like a couple of the SIDI boots but I just can't bring myself to spend the money. The Gaerne boots seem to fit the bill but I simply cannot find reviews on them. At least not on the touring boots. Even their website does not have information on the G.King. The website seems to be saying that information will come later but you would think that if the boot are on the market they would post the specifications on their website with various views.

Oh well. In the end I may just be the Guenna pig and if so I will be sure to post a review on them. Hope to take a trip with some friends this fall so whatever I buy will get a decent workout.

I have the Gaerne pro race boots. Crash tested twice. The get an A in my book

+ they are the only ones I have found to fit a wide foot with comfort

I have the Gaerne pro race boots. Crash tested twice. The get an A in my book
+ they are the only ones I have found to fit a wide foot with comfort

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and bought the G.Kings. I will update with a review once I break them in.

If you want a good pair of bootsjust buy this brand ALPINE STARS SM4 water proof great boot and will fit and break in after one ride top qualityfor under $200.00

I own a pair and they are great. My dirt bike boots are alpine star and they are top notch, one ride and broke in.

You buy cheap and that is what you will get, cheap boots

Me a big fan of Gaerne boots. I've got too many miles on this boot -Gaerne Explorer:

Explorer%20Small.jpg

Great protection, good fit for me feets, durable and I especially love the top-notch Vibram sole. I've got many miles of walking/hiking on these boots in addition to over 100K of riding miles on them. They're starting to get a bit worn, I recently had a cobler re-stitch them.

Downside?? They are NOT 100% waterproof. In fact, they're far from it. Other than that, they're great, a new pair is likely coming along soon, as I haven't found anything comparable for my wants/needs.

ALPINE STARS SM4
???? can't find any info on the sm4 boot ...can you give more info or a link? me too has used alpinestar dirt boots but never street.