Galfer Brake Pads

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3dogs

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience using Galfer brake pads (front) on their FJR? They list several compounds on their website. The G1375 (for the track) and G1370. I can't decide which to use for street riding. I have been using Carbone Lorraine but I understand that they are no longer availalbe in the U.S.

Link: Galfer Brake Pads

I believe I got the 1375's for mine. I told the guy that I felt the stock brakes were too soft. He recommended the cintered pads. They have chewed up my rotors pretty bad, I'm going to have to replace them soon. They are deeply grooved and they chatter when warm.

Has anyone had experience using Galfer brake pads (front) on their FJR? They list several compounds on their website. The G1375 (for the track) and G1370. I can't decide which to use for street riding. I have been using Carbone Lorraine but I understand that they are no longer availalbe in the U.S.
Link: Galfer Brake Pads
I have gone back to the OEM pads on the front and rear. Actually, I put the old OEM back on the rear as they were about 75% good. I also used the Carbone Lorraine units. I didn't find them any better than the OEM. I'm at 87,000 now and I wore out the front CL's in 28,000 and the rear in 35,000. The front OEM lasted to 52,000 and the rear with over 50% left should go over 100,000 miles.