Garage Door Opener for FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've taken similar units and remoted the switch. Just peel them open and solder in wires to a pushbutton on the fairing.

Seal them up with a glob of silicone and attach under the front somewhere.

Thanks for sharing Jeff. If I get a power door I'll keep it in mind.

For now, my door opener sits on the back seat. :rolleyes: Just don't tell her I said that. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing Jeff. If I get a power door I'll keep it in mind.For now, my door opener sits on the back seat. :rolleyes: Just don't tell he I said that. :unsure:
Reminds me of a story...

Many years ago a friend of mine was showing me his Christmas present to himself, a new television. As I looked closely I realized it had an actual tuner knob. This was several years after they all went digital.

So I asked him..., "Where's the remote? Does it have one of those motorized changer things?"

He points to his young son sitting on the floor in front of the brand new TV and says... "Remote! Get up and change the channel."

I left a pee stain on the rug.

Thanks for sharing Jeff. If I get a power door I'll keep it in mind.For now, my door opener sits on the back seat. :rolleyes: Just don't tell he I said that. :unsure:
Reminds me of a story...

Many years ago a friend of mine was showing me his Christmas present to himself, a new television. As I looked closely I realized it had an actual tuner knob. This was several years after they all went digital.

So I asked him..., "Where's the remote? Does it have one of those motorized changer things?"

He points to his young son sitting on the floor in front of the brand new TV and says... "Remote! Get up and change the channel."

I left a pee stain on the rug.
That shits not funny! That was my dad's excuse for everything...

Q: "Dad, why can't we buy a dishwasher?"

A: "What for? I have you."

Q: "Dad, why can't we get a TV with a remote control?"

A: "What for" I have you."

Q: "Dad, why can't we get one of those riding law mowers?"

A: "What for? You're young, and you can use the walk. That's why I have you."

Q: "Dad, why can't we get one of those automatic wood splitters?"

A: You guessed it..."What for? I have you."

Ok...On a serious note Jeff: How old is your garage door opener? I saw that this is good for openers "manufactured after 2005." Ours was made in 2003, but is a Craftsman with the rolling code technology, a key pad, and was made in its exact form for at least another three years. I wonder if it'll work.

Ok...On a serious note Jeff: How old is your garage door opener? I saw that this is good for openers "manufactured after 2005." Ours was made in 2003, but is a Craftsman with the rolling code technology, a key pad, and was made in its exact form for at least another three years. I wonder if it'll work.
FYI, my opener was made in 1996, and I got a Flash2Pass unit. This hooks up to your headlight and you double-tap your highbeams, and it opens the door. No batteries, no losing or fumbling around with a remote. I installed one on my SV-650 too.

The receiver replaces a wall button on your opener and works fine with my '96 Sears Craftsman unit.

My GDO was manufactured in 1997.

You can also try Sears. Their craftsman brand GDOs are actually Liftmaster units and their remotes work as well. I have been using the same opener with several different Liftmaster openers. Sears offers controllers for both security roll over style and the older style as well.