Garage Door Opener

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how it detects a vehicle?

Sounds like a great option for a gate but I am curious about the garage door application when my phone is in constant range of the garage door at home.

i.e. The UPS truck (a vehicle) pulls into my driveway and my bluetooth paired phone is on the kitchen counter poof (garage door opens) or am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how it detects a vehicle?Sounds like a great option for a gate but I am curious about the garage door application when my phone is in constant range of the garage door at home.

i.e. The UPS truck (a vehicle) pulls into my driveway and my bluetooth paired phone is on the kitchen counter poof (garage door opens) or am I missing something?
Good question. Since my driveway is really shallow and I'm on a tiny residential street, the delivery trucks don't pull into my driveway. Now the occaisional person who might pull a u-turn instead of going 'round the cul-de-sac might set it off if I'm home...

or leave my phone at home... :blink:

I wonder how it detects a vehicle?Sounds like a great option for a gate but I am curious about the garage door application when my phone is in constant range of the garage door at home.

According to the data sheet PDF, that's a simple relay input and you don't have to use it. You'd have to set up an electric eye or magnetic loop or whatever yourself.

I wonder what happens if you're in the kitchen and you turn your phone off/on, does the garage door open?