Garauld's backrest and rack........

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leartech

Reaction score
I am sure you guys have heard it all before. It seems to be a recurring theme around here. I got my backrest and rack from Gary on Wednesday, installed it today, then drove it around stopping for a photo or two.

To say it one more time, the craftmanship is completely top rate. It looks very much like it belongs on the bike. If I wanted, it wouldn't take much to remove it.

To say I am content with the product is an understatement.

So, if you are looking for a backrest or rack that is more economical than the Yamaha solution, but every bit as professional, this is one to consider.

Now, if I can figure this picture thing out, I will share......................

Bryan

GarysBackrests.jpg

Backrestcloses.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!

Thanks for posting info/photos.

I think I'll be getting one of those for my '07.

Will mostly use luggage rack w/o backrest to strap large duffle bag to for long solo rides/tours but my wife will enjoy the backrest for the 1-2 days/yr she rides with me and the rack should leave room for a large tail bag.

Steve

anyone care to give the pros and cons of garauld's rack vs. the one from premier cycle accessories, in the link below?

https://www.premiercycleaccessories.com/Lar...ack_p/11501.htm

i'm talking the rack itself, not the backrest part. i ask, as i think i like the looks of the one from premier better; but if garauld's is functionally better or otherwise a better product, i want to know about it. thx,

Purely personal preference as far as I am concerned. Both are quality products based on owner's reviews.

imho the biggest difference is customization...

an example is the rack above... looks like the leading edge on the right side could be for an antenna mount, and the rear has a mounting plate for the 'back off' led brake light...

all designed, welded, and finished to be part-of, and not an add-on...

plus, Garauld is a nice guy... ;)

dana

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing I don't like about his rack, is he keeps improving them after I bought mine. :angry2:

I'm happy with mine; just what I wanted. It's just that these new ones MUST be better, right? :unsure:

B)

Yeah zzzzip, I am almost 100% positive these are better..............................LOL

wpbfjr, yep, that is exactly what the extras are for, antenna on forward right side and extra led light mount on aft side. Options for the rack......

Take care all,

Bryan

That bar on the rear for an extra light set up was a good idea. I notice my N/R tail bag tends to hang a little low over the end of the rack affecting visibility of the brake light when up close to the rear of the bike-- as in being tailgated by a large truck in traffic.

B)