Garmin 2610 Power Adapter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floridave

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if this power adapter will work (will it fit) on the FJR in the glove box outlet? It's the standard car power cord/speaker for the Garmin 2610 GPS.

It's just for my ride home from Baton Rouge, and I'm not concerned about hearing the speaker. Just trying to determine

if I need to get some type of adapter or extension to get the speaker part out of the glovebox.

Thanks!

f612_1.JPG

I have a 2720 that I switch between the car and FJR and use the same adapter in my glove box outlet... no problems so far...

It will work, but probably not for long, plugging and unplugging numerous times. They're kinda cheesily built. I ended up soldering a beefier outlet plug to the wires leading to the speaker part of the cord.

Do you need the speaker for the FJR? I'd add a plug to a hardwire Garmin cord and save the speaker cord for the car....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, this is just a one time use for a 'fly and ride'. I just wanted to know if the plug with speaker would actually plug in/fit in the glovebox. It's not my long term solution but it's what I have now and use in my car.

I am going to wire up external to the glovebox a powerlet, when I get home that will be used with my motorcycle Garmin power cord.

Thanks!