Garmin GPS replaced

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gypsy

667 - Neighbour of the Beast
Reaction score
I have an interesting problem. I sent my Garmin 276C for repair. Garmin was unable to repair it and replaced it under warranty. That obviously isn't the problem. Tonight I went to load some maps from my Garmin City Select software and couldn't because now the software doesn't recognize my new GPS unit.

For those without GPS, when you get software it registers itself with the specifc GPS unit you have so you can't pirate software.

Unfortunately I just noticed this and wanted to use it on a ride tomorrow. C'est la vie. I am sure I will be able to sort it out next week. But just in case you send your GPS for repairs bear this in mind.

gypsy

You should be able to use the old software for 2 different units. Garmin allowes you to do this. Go to there web site and look for the unlock info. Unlock it as a second unit, so you can use it. Then get with Garmin on Mon. to get them to fix the problem.. Hope this helps... Smitty ;)