Garmin Mobile 10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimE

Reaction score
Anyone out there have experience with using the Garmin Mobile 10x with a Treo or other smart phone? I'm thinking the GPS receiver can just go in my pocket or in a tank bag. Thoughts?

I use my PocketPC phone (Windows Mobile), running iGuidance. I put my Bluetooth GPS receiver in my tankbag. It wakes up automatically on Bluetooth contact, and sees the satelites without any issues through the nylon & plastic of the tankbag. Works like a champ. I posted these a while back:

First

Second

Third

I have since mounted my RAM waterproof box on a Techmount stand and put the Autocomm under the seat. Much less hassels than the tankbag, though I still put the GPS receiver in there. Have fun!

-BD

Last edited by a moderator:
I use my PocketPC phone (Windows Mobile), running iGuidance. I put my Bluetooth GPS receiver in my tankbag. It wakes up automatically on Bluetooth contact, and sees the satelites without any issues through the nylon & plastic of the tankbag. Works like a champ. I posted these a while back:
First

Second

Third

I have since mounted my RAM waterproof box on a Techmount stand and put the Autocomm under the seat. Much less hassels than the tankbag, though I still put the GPS receiver in there. Have fun!

-BD
BD: Thanks for the reply - I like your setup. How did you end up resolving your issue with the audio?