Garmin nuvi 265WT Mounting Hardware

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAKEDAWG

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to order from RAM in order to mount my Garmin nuvi 265WT to my FJR? I can't find a cradle that snaps onto the back of the GPS that accepts the 1" diameter ball that the RAM mounts have. Surely RAM makes a cradle that accepts the 1" ball.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to order from RAM in order to mount my Garmin nuvi 265WT to my FJR? I can't find a cradle that snaps onto the back of the GPS that accepts the 1" diameter ball that the RAM mounts have. Surely RAM makes a cradle that accepts the 1" ball.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
They make it. I bought a 265WT for the wife and picked up a cradle from RAM. My memory is they make a plastic cradle for the 265 series. You also need a diamond shaped mount, an arm and a "B" series ball on the bike to connect it all to. Hope that helps.

If you need specifics I am sure I can recreate the items to buy. Give me a PM.

You can purchase Ram Mounts from quite a few places. Check out these links for the stuff you desire...

First you'll need the proper cradle. I don't see the 265 specifically listed, but you get the idea. I use this mount for the 255W. IIRC some of the new Garmins have a different style plug in the back so make sure the mount works with the 265W. Clicky Here

For the back of the cradle. Clicky Here

Choose the arm length. Clicky Here for Medium Length

...and then you'll need a ball mount on the bike somewhere. Selection Here.

Good Luck!

--G

The 265WT is absolutely specifically listed.
The cradle part number is RAM-HOL-GA25U

Jake,

I have the Nuvi 760 and it takes essentially the same Ram cradle that you'll need. However, there is a small problem that develops over time that I want to caution you about.

The Nuvi snaps into the Garmin cradle and then the Nuvi, attached to the Garmin cradle, snaps into the Ram cradle. The power plug that snaps into the back of the unit cradle catches just a bit when removing the unit and cradle from the Ram cradle. Over time, a metal clip inside the Garmin cradle works loose from snapping the unit in and out of the cradle. I ended up having to get a new cradle from Garmin. I cut a portion out of the back of the Ram cradle so that the power plug no longer catches when I snap the unit in or out of the Ram cradle. I don't have any pictures of this, but the first time you remove the unit from the Ram cradle with the power plug still attached I think you'll see what I mean.

I live in Birmingham if you'd like to take a look at my set up, or need any other help with the bike.

Just call Ram customer service directly and tell them what you are trying to do. They are very knowledgeable and will set you up with all the right parts.

FJRBandit

The 760 uses a quick-release cradle which is why they use Garmin's cradle as a 'pre-mount' of sorts. The power connector for the 760 is a large thing that extends sideways from the Garmin cradle.

The 265 has a rear-facing mini-USB connector and snaps directly into the Ram-mount cradle so Ithe 265 will not suffer any similar issues

Last edited by a moderator:
The 760 uses a quick-release cradle which is why they use Garmin's cradle as a 'pre-mount' of sorts. The power connector for the 760 is a large thing that extends sideways from the Garmin cradle.
The 265 has a rear-facing mini-USB connector and snaps directly into the Ram-mount cradle so Ithe 265 will not suffer any similar issues

Thanks for correcting that bram. I'm not familiar with the 265, was just going on the fact they look identical.

For those with the 760 (or unit with the same type of connection) the "large thing" that extends sideways as you said is what was catching on the Ram cradle. Garmin replaced the quick- release cradle under warranty, as the female portion of the connector that the power cable plugs into broke loose from inside the quick-release cradle. I cut out the portion on the Ram cradle that was causing the problem and the Nuvi goes in and out of the Ram cradle without issue now.

Last edited by a moderator: