Garmin Quest 2 GPS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnor

Reaction score
I just bought a Garmin Quest 2 GPS new on Ebay....I haven't recieved it yet, but I don't think I researched it enough. But it is what it is.

Anybody have one ? Any good, or bad points other than the screen looks like it's small. I bought a Ram bracket for it also.

I was thinking about picking up one for my hikeing. I use a 2730 with XM on the bike. I'd think you'd be ok if you don't mind the small screen.

Specs etc here at the Garmin website .

I also have a 2730, seemed a bit heavy for a handle bar RAM mount so I went with the shelf. Also the shelf brings the screen tight up to me. The Quest 2 is only 5.5 oz so a RAM mount should be fine. 20 hr battery is nice. As stated small screen might be a small problem if you are old like me... :unsure:

Screen is defintely small and needs a sun shade for those times when the sun is at your back.

Very light and easy to use (IMO).

I still have a first generation Quest packed in a box somewhere. Even with it's limited map capacity it allowed me to make a Norfolk, VA to Jacksonville, FL to Baton Rouge, LA and back to Norfolk trip with no missed turns & street level POI for all the areas I traveled.

I have used one on my bike for about a year. Buttons are a little small but it works great and fits in your pocket at lunch stops.

IMG_2148-1-1.jpg

I just bought a Garmin Quest 2 GPS new on Ebay....I haven't recieved it yet, but I don't think I researched it enough. But it is what it is.
Anybody have one ? Any good, or bad points other than the screen looks like it's small. I bought a Ram bracket for it also.
It is awful; get rid of it immediately and buy a better gps. (I'm willing to sacrifice and take it off your hands...) :)

Okay, I confess - I have a Quest I that I swear by, even if mildly inconvenient to upload maps and such. I love it. But it is small and does what I need it to. Heck, if you need every single bell and whistle, why not drive your car?

I have 2 Quests. One the original Quest and a Quest 2. I like them both very much and recently bought the 2 for $115 factory refurbished. I have used them both on all 3 of my bikes and have had no issues with light obscuring the display. The 2 seems to be a bit slower to refresh when going along at 70+, but that has not caused any issues. When compared to what is available right now, it is a great bargain. By the way, HD was selling them as an accessory a year ago for $800, or giving you one "free" if you wanted to buy a Uly. I also have a 2610 and it now resides only in the car. It is impossible to read in the sun, way too big, and difficult to mount because of the size. Get the latest software updates and you will like it a lot.

Sredder

Got one as well, I like it as it is small/portable, good battery life and fairly weatherproof. Have had it for about three years now and am satisfied.

DSCN2820.jpg

DSCN2830.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: