Garmin Zumo 390LM car adapter question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madmudder

Tim
Reaction score
Hello,

I am hoping one of you who own a Garmin Zumo 390 can help me out. I just purchased a used unit and I cant get the traffic option to work. I know it wont work in the Motorcycle mount. but I cant get it to work in the truck either. I am wondering if I have the correct car adapter P/N: 320-00239-50. According to Garmin site its replacement is a P/N: 010-11838-00. I don't know if this is a new number or possibly only for replacement and not an OEM number.
So any help or clarification would be helpful. If you are going to bring your magnifying glass because the writing is tiny.

I can't be specific about that unit, but generally the car adaptor cable will have a hard, rectangular piece along its length but fairly close to the unit end of the cable. That piece is the antenna needed for the "Traffic" function.

If your power cable in the truck doesn't have that antenna built-in, then it won't work.

If you have the correct cable, the part I am referring to is obvious, even if describing it isn't :D

Thanks Twigg that is my conclusion also. This cable has a cylindrical piece inline but I believe I need one with a rectangular piece and a heavier cord Garmin P/N: GTM 60

Thanks Twigg that is my conclusion also. This cable has a cylindrical piece inline but I believe I need one with a rectangular piece and a heavier cord Garmin P/N: GTM 60
If the cylindrical piece is about one inch long and 1/2 inch diameter, and close to the unit end of the cable, then it is a noise filter.