Garmin Zumo 550 problem.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJReggie

Reaction score
I'm having issues with my Zumo 550. (purchased 2008 with 2009 City Navigator maps) I'm hoping someone out there has heard of a fix for this problem.

At "turn on": - Unit goes through the "splash screen" - "disclaimer screen" - to "main menu" as usual.

When I select "view map" or "where to" it goes to the "map screen" but sits there & says it's "drawing" .... (The maps I guess) It use to take a few seconds to draw its maps but now it's 20 mins. This happens every time the unit is powered on.

Once the 20 mins is up .... "the map screen" comes up normal & the unit works as it should with all functions normal.

What I have tried:

1) Deleting all routes/tracks.

2) Resetting to default settings.

3) Hard reset by holding top right of screen at turn-on.

4) Downloaded latest firmware from Garmin site (Ver 4.8)

Nothing has worked.

I'm hoping someone out there has heard of this issue or seen a "fix" on a website or forum somewhere.

Cheers

Reggie

it takes forever because of the music on your SD card. i read somewhere you need to limit the number of songs in each created music folder.

i've taken all of my music off of the Zumo and play tunes thru my phone.

Zumo start up time is mere seconds with out the music.

YMMV

cadman

It could be the SD card, as mentioned, remove it and retry. Also, you could be running short of internal memory. Delete all extra vehicle icons you don't use, and voice files.

I have an SDHC card and mine boots up quick. I have two buddies who take 5-7 minutes to boot up. Took their cards out, put mine in, no difference. Hmmmmm.

check this out...my screen would not take my push button commands anymore after a couple years

this happened on two Zumos and twice on one of those

replaced the screen and digitizer and was made new...I then did same for two riding buddies and same good outcome

check out:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=133280

search on "zumo digitizer" or just digitizer to check out other threads:

google "zumo digitizer site:fjrforum.com"

hope this helps and good luck

Mike

in Nawlins'