Gas under the FJR??????

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moldman

Reaction score
Ok guys, I have a question for you long time FJR owners. Sunday morning in anticipation of a Sunday ride I filled up the FJR to the brim with gas. As it turn out I did not go on the ride. Come Monday morning I ride to work as normal and my bike sits out in the sun and in the afternoon one of the guys comes into my office to tell me my bike is leaking gas :eek: :eek: I go out in see gas coming out of the overfill? Tube. Should I worry about this at all? Is this normal? It just worried me seeing a gas puddle under the 2 month old FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
If "to the brim" means just below the little plate with the holes in it inside the fill neck, then I'm surprised you had the overflow. If "to the brim" literally means that you filled it up to the top of the filler neck, then you should expect overflow.

Ya gotta make sure, dude. Just move the scoot a foot or two and put a lit match on the puddle. If it don't light...yer alright...........

In the heat gas expands and the pressure can push the gas to the overflow. Just don't fill it over the rim of holes and you should be good to go. There are some info on this in the search and a way to cure the ill if it continues.

You mean.....like common sense?.....like not filling it so full?......

THAT'S BLASPHEMY....................

In the heat gas expands and the pressure can push the gas to the overflow. Just don't fill it over the rim of holes and you should be good to go. There are some info on this in the search and a way to cure the ill if it continues.
When I said "brim" I meant just even with the bottom of the plate.

+1 Gunny.

The issue gets worse if you put it on the side stand. This has happened to me a couple times at work. That's why there is the pressure relief hose.

You guys are killing me......no wonder they require the pups in oregon to have their tanks filled by regular pups. Riddle me this, batpups.....do you have to get gassed up in kali by some 6$ an hour teen, too????????????

fucking kommie fucks.

You guys are killing me......no wonder they require the pups in oregon to have their tanks filled by regular pups. Riddle me this, batpups.....do you have to get gassed up in kali by some 6$ an hour teen, too????????????

fucking kommie fucks.

no....

yet to see a mother fackr yet that does that, and @ 4.60 they should + clean my windshield