Gaurald Backrest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greeneb

Reaction score
Trying to get in touch with Gaurald about a backrest for my 09... PMed but no response. Is he still around and making them?

EG

Trying to get in touch with Gaurald about a backrest for my 09... PMed but no response. Is he still around and making them?
EG
I sure hope so! I sent him a check for a rack oh..about a week ago.

It did take him a little while to reply to my PM, how long has it been since you PMed him?

I like to think he's busy making racks and painting stuff out in his garage, and he doesn't have time to check the forum every day.

Or maybe he's out riding... :unsure:

Or maybe he was taken captive by sorority girls... :dribble:

I am sure he is still around.

I know sometimes he travels out of town for work.

He might not have had a chance to check it.

Gary is very trustworthy, don't worry I am sure you will hear back from him soon.

I ordered a backrest from him this morning and he responded. So he's around. He may work and not be able to respond to posts during business hours.

EG

+1 for his racks. Excellent welds and paint. Very versatile, as well. I did not want to add a big old Givi and picked up a nice tailbag that works well. Side bags are great most of the time, but if you want to carry something flat ( Birthday Cake) , it is hard to do without a rack

You may not be handsome, but you may be the man for me. I think I need a backrest for my '08. Sounds like you make 'em. Any pix or prices?
I'm certainly NOT wanting to disuade you from one of Garauld's excellent products... but unless I'm mistaken, his backrest is for the pillion, not for the rider. :unsure:

Don't think that's going to solve the problem you were originally describing... just sayin' :blink:

Don