gear oil?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LALAW9

Reaction score
What weight ams oil gear oil do you use in your fjr. I am trying to get away from the high priced yamaha stuff and get something better?

What weight ams oil gear oil do you use in your fjr. I am trying to get away from the high priced yamaha stuff and get something better?

What could possibly be better than jizz from endangered whales?!

I've been using Castrol Synth in mine. I think any 'high grade' synth gear oil will do the trick.

Extra Virgin olive oil for me. It smells so good when it gets hot. :yahoo:

I am trying to get away from the high priced yamaha stuff and get something better?
Or stay away from the high-priced and dubiously-hyped Amsoil, wander down to your local parts, and get a bottle of the decently priced and uber-great Mobil 1 Synthetic gear oil that many use.

I'm a devout user of synthetics. In CA it was Red Line Oils, now in NC it is Amsoil. My differential did fine and dandy with Redline. My Amsoil dealer checked here with the Yamaha people and my '04 now has Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-90 in it.

What could possibly be better than jizz from endangered whales?!

I've been using Castrol Synth in mine. I think any 'high grade' synth gear oil will do the trick.

Whale jizz?! Hell I use my own..

Yep!

It's Fridayyyyyy!!!!!! :yahoo:

12 beers on ice should get me started...

:jester:

walked out to the garage to check - no effort too great to help out a fellow rider -

yup, Shell Rotella, heavy duty 80W-90 gear oil. pretty plain jane.

put that stuff in at ~43000. I had changed it once prior, but magnetic

drain plug didn't have any unusual buildup so it must have been happy

with that degree of attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeeaaa! Bust is back!

Admit it, your bike is an addiction when you are standing at the gas pump filling it up and just before you top it off, you pull the hose out and spray it all over the tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeeaaa! Bust is back!

Admit it, standing at the pump filling it up and just before you top it off, you pull the hose out and spray it all over the tank.
Hey, Bungie? .. Dude??...

I think you have some type of sexual perversion issues that need serious help...

Jus sayin'

:jester: