Gel Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shell out the $ for the Russel Daylong if you ride 500+ mile trips

Best $$$ I ever spent. First day I put 600 miles on it and it was soooo nice

Yes, many have. Try searching on "gel seat" and you'll see many threads including opinions about comparison to stock....and then inevitably lead to talk about many of the custom seat options that are far superior IMO. Or read my signature line on seat comparisons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have MamaYama's Gel (accessory) seat and think it's great. As a matter of fact, my much used Russell DayLong (w/'overload') now sits on the shelf.

I guess I'm just a gel-seat fan (works for me...)?

Years ago I converted my, then, dual-sport bike's seat (bought a kit -- gel insert & cover) and it was a wonderful conversion. Suddenly I could ride most of a day instead of just a couple hours w/some comfort.

After that I had a Suzuki S-T and when they offered an accessory Gel seat I ordered one. Again, a great improvement.

YMMV... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Yami Gel seat and, for me, it's all I need for 1000+ km days and IMHO, way better than the day-long for day to day scoots around town.

You're welcome to give mine a try if you like. We could meet in Fernie for a mid-day ride and still make it home for dinner!
wink.gif
(PM me.)

I had the Triumph gel seat on my Tiger and it was very comfortable after a slight bit of breaking in. There is one thing I found to be a problem with gel seats, however. If left in the Texas sun for any period of time they seem to hold the heat much longer than the foam type. :dribble: