Gen I Garauld Stiffy Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgray41

Reaction score
Hey gang. I'm looking for information on this Garauld stiffy kit. My wife and I ride two up quite a bit and we carry a top case as well. Is this something I should look in to? Thanks for any info.

Matt

Hey gang. I'm looking for information on this Garauld stiffy kit. My wife and I ride two up quite a bit and we carry a top case as well. Is this something I should look in to? Thanks for any info.
Matt
There are two ways to deal with this.

First is the link above. The kit stiffens the rear sub-frame and much reduces its tendency to ... er ... break. If you have a Yamaha top case and especially if your wife leans against it, it is a sensible modification.

If you have a Givi top case, the Givi mount SR347 provides additional stiffness by replacing the plastic grab handles with a sturdy metal part.

Both solutions appear to work very well.

Matt

First is the link above. The kit stiffens the rear sub-frame and much reduces its tendency to ... er ... break. If you have a Yamaha top case and especially if your wife leans against it, it is a sensible modification.

If you have a Givi top case, the Givi mount SR347 provides additional stiffness by replacing the plastic grab handles with a sturdy metal part.

Twigg, I think you are referring to the SR357 mount ... The 347 is considerably different ... Correct me if I am wrong thanks ...

Matt

Twigg, I think you are referring to the SR357 mount ... The 347 is considerably different ... Correct me if I am wrong thanks ...
No it was a typo but not that one.

I meant SR346 ... the 357 is for the Gen 2