Gen II mirror mod to FZ1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bes

Reaction score
Gen I and II mirrors--visibility the same? Topics on switching out for FZ mirror seems to significant for improved visibility. Will Gen II swap be as significant? Thanks

The swap on Gen II (my '07) is well worth it. I don't have to move my arms or body to see behind me any more. Just quick look and I can see everything I want (some times more than I want :rolleyes: )

I added a couple of button mirrors in the outer and upper side of each mirror. With their addition, my blind spot was moved before my body position on the bike; in other words, none as long as I look into the button mirrors. I added them because most of the people I ride with that are in trail often ride in the blind spot with the FZ1 mirrors the way I want the setup to see in behind me.

Well worth the change. I was NOT happen with the stock mirrors.

Roy

Last edited by a moderator:
The swap on Gen II (my '07) is well worth it. I don't have to move my arms or body to see behind me any more. Just quick look and I can see everything I want (some times more than I want :rolleyes: )
I added a couple of button mirrors in the outer and upper side of each mirror. With their addition, my blind spot was moved before my body position on the bike; in other words, none as long as I look into the button mirrors. I added them because most of the people I ride with that are in trail often ride in the blind spot with the FZ1 mirrors the way I want the setup to see in behind me.

Roy
Huge difference. This farkle has the best HTV (hype to value) ratio of any you'll do.

Roy
Huge difference. This farkle has the best HTV (hype to value) ratio of any you'll do.
thanks guys, ordering asap--Barry

Might sound stupid but I like to be able to use my body and elbows to block the view from behind me. There are too many assholes with these after market HID lights on their cars that do nothing but blind me when they are behind me wishing they spent their money on an FJR, instead of gay bling lights for their piece of shit car/truck. If I switched to these mirrors I'd be forced to deal with the blind from behind. I have enough trouble seeing every little thing in front of me with the lights from oncoming traffic, I don't need the ghetto cruisers blinding me from behind too. I'm keeping my stock mirrors cuz I can see behind me fine when I "want" to.

I did the mirror swap on my GenII...LOVE IT!!!

They only look like shit if YOU think they do. I don't. I actually didn't like the OEM mirrors.

They look odd at the base to me...to account for the windscreen. It does take a little bit of

time to get used to the "antenna mirror" style and the black vs. color coded mirrors...but

give it a couple weeks and you won't want to go back.

The OEM mirrors provide no better wind protection in my opinion. If they do, it is not

significant enough to justify keeping them IF you want to see better.

The one CON, as mentioned, it you can't block the headlights behind you anymore with

your elbows. That does suck a bit.

The overriding PRO is SEEING better...more often...which is a safety enhancement to me.

I try a search when I ain't riding. Today it ain't raining so I'm gone. Might head out to LA, might be more fun than a search. My company is getting ready to cut me loose anyway. I really do not find my hands and arms in the way that much. Wondering if risers my cause the hands to be in the way more. Have a set but haven't put them on yet. Not reas sure I want to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear the FZ-1 mirrors fit the Gen II cause I'll be buying one in the coming months. I put them on my 04 and though it was the best farkle out of about 15 that I did to that bike. They might not be the best looking, but I don't care. I really didn't like looking at my elbows.

GP

Glad to hear the FZ-1 mirrors fit the Gen II cause I'll be buying one in the coming months. I put them on my 04 and though it was the best farkle out of about 15 that I did to that bike. They might not be the best looking, but I don't care. I really didn't like looking at my elbows.
GP
They look like mirrors.