Gen2 & 3 Subframe Stiffener Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well not yet - sorry.
sad.png

I am looking to procure either a broke subframe or to have someone living nearby take a nice scenic ride to Binghamton with their Gen2 or 3 bike and spend some quality time with me trying to come up with the new design. The first taker gets their kit for free.
wink.png

I don't feel it's an issue really Less than one percent here.

Carvers failed because he's CARVER. He can fuk up wiping his ass.

Don, I love that you have a Dremel sander in your photo of sub frame repair tools. What the hell good was that for?

And is that blood I see on the...uh...bathroom mat?

Last edited by a moderator:
After seeing all of these pictures of broken sub-frames ,I think I may have a top-case for sale soon.

I'm amazed that Yamaha didn't do anything to address this over the years.

I could be convinced to take a few hour ride out to Binghamton to aid in this endeavor in May once I'm back from Phoenix, if someone hasn't hooked you up by then.

I for one am very interested...

not sure i'm ready to disassemble the rear end to upgrade, but i'm open to all options...

Thanks G for putting this in the cooker...

You are a good egg brother ! Did i miss the memo cuz i just had my perfectly healthy 05 in for fluids flush and they in fact said there was a recall for a subframe stiffener of some sort but would have to keep my bike to order part...etc...and i politely declined at this time...i've had no issues, dont have a top box but i do haul a heavy Strat occasionally on my customized Garaud rack....good on ya DC !

After reading all the horror stories here about subframe failures, I reinforced it "my own way":

So far, so good! Hey, if Gary comes up with a kit that can make it even better, I'm interested!

I am damn sure Garuld will engineer a superior design. Mine, well, it was free, almost, well, not very...

but, the proof is in the pudding so to speak..

No issues after many miles of dirt road and goat-paved trail later.

(then again, many mistakes made)

Never mind, found the thread with the info I was seeking. fNG.........

Last edited by a moderator: