GenIII Yamaha specific frame sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

art miller

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I am thinking of going with the Yamaha frame sliders part number 1 MC-F11D0-V0-00. These sliders are shown in the Yamaha brochure in the accessories section for over $300. PartShark.com offers them for $257.59. /they really look good. Have any of you installed these sliders? If yes, how do you like them and do they interfere with any normal maintenance activity? Currently I have the Motivation sliders. Thanks for any input.

I have the rear bag protectors from M C Enterprises. They are great. I am a little undecided about the front bars. Do they require removal to do the normal maintenance work?

I put them on just before the canyon cages came out. I think they look good and they were not bad to put on. Even though I like the looks of the OEM sliders better then cages, I would put cages on if I were to do it all over again.

I've got the factory sliders. Put them on myself. Their is some fairing trimming to be done but it's underneath. 5 minutes with a dremel and your done.

The rubber 'blocks' themselves are WAY WAY less substantial than they look. It looks like they are engineered with crush bracing on the interior. I dunno. Guess I'll have to drop my bike to tell.

As for the Canyon Cages. Just by a damn adventure bike. They look like 12 kinds of ass.

I'm with Bungie. I put the OEM sliders on this winter (and at this rate they may see the road by July...). Easy enough to install and IMHO they look pretty good. I know they won't protect as well as Canyon Cages but I have all kinds of reasons not to go with the cages, not the least of which is that if I wanted a Harley I could have bought one. I know if I have a drop or a get-off I'm going to be paying in more than ways than one, but I see the OEM sliders as a reasonable compromise to mitigate the damage and still not get in the way.

No offense to those of you with the sliders - it's all a matter of personal preference.

Since I have not ordered the cages yet, can anyone with a 2014 post up some pics of them on the red bike. I am curious to see how they look from side and front angles. Thanks.

Got the T-Rex sliders and like the look. Canyon cages are OK, but I don't really care for the look.

N69-13-2013-2014-yamaha-fjr1300-frame-sliders-web.jpg

Here are the best pics I could find on Photobucket, but if you want more detailed pics, I can get more in the morning after work.

DSC00490_zps8d30387c.jpg

DSC00487_zps33da02c2.jpg

Since I have not ordered the cages yet, can anyone with a 2014 post up some pics of them on the red bike. I am curious to see how they look from side and front angles. Thanks.
Art,

Check with Norm Kern, I thought I saw pictures of cages on his 2014.

The T-Rex sliders look good. Is there any modification needed? I read there web info and they seem to be made with material that can withstand a drop. They also appear to extend outward further than my Motivation sliders. Pls advise on whether they require altering the fairings. Thanks.

No mods or cutting necessary. Just remove engine mounting bolts one side at a time, and re-install replacement bolt with the sliders. You remove the "pucks" to install the brackets, and one side has a spacer as well. The only problem I had was when I went to re-install the right side bolt. Swear it was cross threading, but after a couple of re-starts, it did go all the way in, albeit VERY snugly! After the fact, I remember having the same issue when I installed the T-Rex sliders on my 08.