Gerbing Heated Gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Burleigh

Reaction score
I orderd some of the new Gerbing microwire gloves before Christmas. Then I got an email saying they would ship on December 28. Okay, fine. Come two weeks into January, no gloves and no email update from Gerbing, and no "check your order status" on-line option.

So I sent an email on Jan 12 asking about the gloves and got a fairly quick response: "I am sorry; the gloves are still in customs. We will ship them as soon as they arrive."

So I wrote back about sense of timing, and again received a fairly quick response: "We are hoping next week." That was it.

In this day and age of Amazon.com-level customer service and order transparency, I find this very surprising and disappointing. Anyway, I just hope they get here before summer.

Jb

One of the local guys here is also waiting on his Christmas present of new micro-wire gloves from Gerbing. He's reported the same stellar customer service responses to his inquiries.

Not good for a company that has sold their products based on reputation as much as technology over the years.

I wanted to try my friend's new Gerbing gear before buying my own. Bet it's going to work just super in the summer heat!

<_<

Been dealing with Gerbings for years...It's a family affair-they are probably overwhelmed. Products are great and they stand behind their stuff,service a bit slow..

I'm hoping to check Gerbing out tomorrow at the IMS in DC. They usually have a lot in stock at the show. But with the microwire being new, they may not have any. My Widder harness is failing for the second time. And one glove crapped out, too. Not to mention they are out of business. A friend has had good response with the Gerbing customer service. Repairs at no cost, etc.

Been dealing with Gerbings for years...It's a family affair-they are probably overwhelmed. Products are great and they stand behind their stuff,service a bit slow..
Found the same. As opposed to denying a problem, if they said the gloves are in Customs, that's where they'll be.

The microwire gloves I tried were great. But when my old tired G3s had the thumbs go cold last Spring, Gerbing customer service fixed them and got them back to me fast enough that I couldn't justify the new stuff.

In late December I ordered a Microwire Jacket from them, and it was only after an inquiry that they sent me the shipping info, which I thought odd. I understand if they are a family business that is overwhelmed, but my next order for Gerbing items went to cyclegadgets.com. Same price as from Gerbing, but they really shipped fast (for one item, within an hour of my order), they had an item that was out of stock on the Gerbing site, shipping costs were reasonable, and they guarantee three-day delivery anywhere in the lower 48. Might want to take a look.

My Widder harness is failing for the second time. And one glove crapped out, too. Not to mention they are out of business.
Yeah, I've had real mixed luck with the Widder products. The glove wires actually break off from the metal connectors. I just don't think they thought through the wear and tear. I got these Gerbings (hope to get these Gerbings <_< ) because my Widder gloves failed once again just as winter came along, and no Widder left to send them back to. The vest is still hanging in there, but I do get occasional 1st degree burns on my stomach. :angry:

Picked up a pair of the Gerbing microwire gloves and controller at the DC IMS yesterday. They threw in the leather belt holder for the controller (woo-hoo). At least no shipping charges. Hooked them up today. See if I need them this coming week.

I ordered WarmnSafe gloves, controller, and jacket. All worked fine until the left glove failed. I called Mike a WarmnnSafe, told him of my problem. He had he replacement gloves sent to me before I sent him the defective one! that way, i still had a pair of winter gloves to use. Replacement came in less than a week.

Good products--good service. What else do you want?

Howard

Ordered my Gerbring Microwire jacket before C-mas and it came in this week. Tried it out with a "new to me" set of gloves and jacket with a dual controller. They are fantastic! The microwire jacket liner was warm all over, very linear application of heat on the controls. I had them both on a lower setting and when a cold front passed this evening and temps dropped 10 degrees in 20 minutes, the ability to crank it up was wonderful. I'm sold.

This stuff really extends the riding season for me!

Bob

Sounds like the logger-jam has broken. I bet they supplied retailers first.

I'm cool with the fact that this is a family-run business as a previous poster pointed out. It's just that, in this day and age, isn't Internet customer service alerts and tracking a simple, inexpensive thing to do?

Probably is also affected by the fact that they are out doing the IMS circuit. They had some in stock at the DC show, luckily in my size. So if its a family run business, the family has been out of town for a while.

Last edited by a moderator: