Gerbing Heated Gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BwanaDik

Reaction score
Bambi's hands get cold in cold weather so we got her some Gerbing gloves. The problem now is the most efficient way to hook them up. I'm running them off a dual controller on my tank bag (I know, Gerbng recommends against that). I've got about nine miles of cable so it's easy to feed the cable thru the sleeves to the gloves and have the pigtail stick out the bottom of the jacket to connect to the controller. But that extra length of cable also becomes cumbersome because there's simply too much of it.

(I was going to attach a picture but apparently I have to figure out how to use the "new" system. sigh...)

Edit: I think I figured it out. The Image button doen't seem to work

PA260002.jpg

So does anybody have a cool way of attaching the cables that go to the gloves to the sleeve of the jacket and the inside of the jacket? Her jacket is Road Gear with liner and armour. I figured I'd put the cables inside the liner but how to secure them to the sleeves and the jacket?

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally, you run the gloves off a heated jacket liner which should have a circuit for the gloves, however, if you're using the Y-harness, it is a bit long. I can only suggest you put it between the liner and the jacket, and perhaps fasten it with the snap straps that hold the liner in, or conjure up something similar, or perhaps velcro patches stuck or stitched to the inside of the jacket.... You can cut the wires and make them shorter if you want (solder and heat shrink your splices).

If you have the Gerbings G3's you may find them a little sweaty after while if you turn them up too much (or if warm, not on at all), so keep them just warm enough to be comfortable. When they get sweaty, Bambi's hands will get cold regardless. I think the G5's have a moisture wicking liner. HeatTroller is highly recommended, but the Gerbings controllers are good too.

I am partial to Warm&Safe heated gear because they breathe. If you get a jacket liner, I would recommend it over a vest, because you'll like the heat in the arms. You won't likely run it at half heat or it will be too hot.

Last edited by a moderator: