Gerbing Heated Pant Liner Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcrides

Reaction score
In a nutshell:

The Gerbing Heated Pant Liner does more than heat your lower body. It's effective at preventing the cold and damp from working their craft on your joints and muscles.:erm:

The feeling of warmth over your hip joints and knees, not to mention outside of thighs and shins, feels extremely soothing. Warm joints are happy joints. B)

Once you taste it, you're reluctant to go back to that cold feeling. It's very much a question of added comfort.

I have a full review up:

Gerbing Heated PANT LINER Review

https://pages.videotron.com/mcrides/product...ing/p-liner.htm

Bruno

Montreal, Canada

https://pages.videotron.com/mcrides

:

My Gerbing jacket liner accessory plug (to go into the new pant liner) is the older style SAE connector. I need an adapter, SAE to the new style (coax) in the pant liner. Would that be SAE to male coax or SAE to female coax?

My Gerbing jacket liner accessory plug (to go into the new pant liner) is the older style SAE connector. I need an adapter, SAE to the new style (coax) in the pant liner. Would that be SAE to male coax or SAE to female coax?
Really, guy, I'd go the other way. Put an SAE on the wire in place of the single prong plug. They singles are way more fragile, and "moisture prone to shorting", which I've never ever heard of or encountered with the SAE plugs.

My own thoughts about the pants are that they do an incredible job of fighting a cold environment. I cannot state this strongly enough.

20F with just Gerbing gloves, and only the jacket liner beneath overpants and jacket might have the rider OK, but not really willing to empty the tank twice in a row without a stop for food and/or a warm-up. OF with the heated pants liner and a good balaclava is an "It's not really that cold" event.

However, I have encountered a problem with them at 10F and below. At those temps the heat setting must be quite high. SOME of my overpants, particularly with kneepads in place are quite constricted at the knee. I've gotten burned on the kneecap from that, until I removed the kneepads (Darean and Darien Lights), or work larger overpants.

Best wishes.