Gerbings Users

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddog

Reaction score
I've had the Gerbings heated gloves for three years and they are great. But lately they weren't heating very well and today they didn't heat up at all (it was 32 degrees this morning). After checking everything I could think of, and finding no obvious problems my attention turned to the Powerlet outlet and the Gerbings adapter. The Powerlet outlet tested fine but the adapter would provide power inconsistently if I moved the wires around.

The adapter can be taken apart (there is a single phillips head screw); inside there are two small screws that hold the wire in place against the copper portion of the contacts. One screw had nearly backed itself out and the electrical connection was weak and inconsistent. Tightened the screw and it was as good as new. You might want to check this if your Gerbings heated clothing are giving you trouble.

I've had the Gerbings heated gloves for three years and they are great. But lately they weren't heating very well and today they didn't heat up at all (it was 32 degrees this morning). After checking everything I could think of, and finding no obvious problems my attention turned to the Powerlet outlet and the Gerbings adapter. The Powerlet outlet tested fine but the adapter would provide power inconsistently if I moved the wires around.
The adapter can be taken apart (there is a single phillips head screw); inside there are two small screws that hold the wire in place against the copper portion of the contacts. One screw had nearly backed itself out and the electrical connection was weak and inconsistent. Tightened the screw and it was as good as new. You might want to check this if your Gerbings heated clothing are giving you trouble.
Thanx, Dawg .... I've used Gerbing for some time. And, yeah .... I've noticed that the gloves seemed to have lost some heating capacity over the last couple years. I'll check it out.

BAGGER