Geronimo!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ari Rankum

NAFO Karting Champion, 2012
Reaction score
Hey Folks!

It's o-dark-thirty and time to roll on out to NAFO. See you all soon.

Be Safe!

Oh brother, I am supposed to leave this afternoon but I'm just getting in from a late night out... It's gonna be a loooong day!

Oh brother, I am supposed to leave this afternoon but I'm just getting in from a late night out... It's gonna be a loooong day!
I hear that.... I had planned to depart tonight for a non-stop 1200-mile blitz to Golden... meanwhile, I'm stuck at work, wondering where I put the Ventura bag and the Valentine One after the last road trip.... :blink:

Oh, well, it can't take long to pack, because I can't carry DICK on the Busa. Whatever I can cram into my Ventura bag and RKA tankbag, that's all the carrying space I have.

But on the glass-half-full side..... it forces you pack efficiently for road trips!
bling_cool.gif

See you there Malve. I'm not going til Wed Night though. Are you going straight through?
I'm working now and gonna leave in the evening and hoping to stop in either Mesquite, NV or Cedar City UT. This way, I'll pass the bulk of the heat at night.

Skooter (Greg) suggested a couple of routes that look pretty awesome through Souther UT and South Western CO.

Dale,

I hear you on the packing. I haven't packed yet either but figure, I got two small bags and that's it... how hard is that?

Last edited by a moderator:
well i made it here at 6pm and it was still 96 outside so expect a warm weekend guys.

On the good side the hotel is really nice and the bar is much bigger than it looked in the pics.

R

Yikes, I new it'd be a long day but I didn't think this long... Pulled over doing 120 in CA. Apparently, they were chasing me for a bit and somehow I missed it. They were pretty angry at first but only gave me the speeding ticket.

Yikes, I new it'd be a long day but I didn't think this long... Pulled over doing 120 in CA. Apparently, they were chasing me for a bit and somehow I missed it. They were pretty angry at first but only have me the speeding ticket.
======

OUCH!!! :angry2:

What speed did they write on the ticket??.

ease up there brushfire.... deep breathes... :rolleyes:

I'm in!!! ( Have to say that in *SO* many contexts in my life)

I got here in 23.25 hours and 1700+ miles in one shot. Man, that Monster Lo-Carb "Energy" Drink is purrrrrrrre crack!!! But you sure crash hard when you get off the bike.

I've seen MadMike and Tim and Matt and Toecutter and others I'm just meeting so far. There are already some dozen or so forum members here.

It's on!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!

We're kinda here. Made it to Aurora (the other side of town) and are about to enjoy a BBQ with my brother & family. We'll move across town tomorrow. Looking forward to putting faces with the avatars.

PS. No performance awards after riding almost 4k to get here.