getting a new jacket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonicspeed

Tennessee Volunteer
Reaction score
i just went down and looked at my new jacket i ordered. i likey :D

clicky here

plenty of vents, a lot of pockets and the liner makes a great lined windbreaker that you can wear seperately. the liner also has a bunch of pockets

i also ordered the mercury pants but they have not came in yet. not sure if i will keep them, i really like my first gear pants

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice looking jacket. And it has that all-important armor. Hope you never need it, but nice if you do.

I have a lot of Fieldsheer gear. Mesh jacket for summer, 3 season jacket for non-summer. Apollo pants for coldish weather. Highlander suit for friggen freezing snow weather. It seems to get a lot of bad press, but it all fits me pretty well, and is relatively low priced.

Sure beats a Levis denim jacket and jeans.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a larger Fieldsheer jacket, similar to the one you are getting, last fall. I like it except for in cold weather I can feel a cool draft on the left lower side. I've looked and checked everything on that side several times and can't find what's causing it. Other that it's a great cold weather jacket.

GP

one of the biggest reason's i go with fieldsheer is that my friend sells that almost exclusively and we have set up a barter system which works out very well ;)

Looks GREAT!
I, too, am getting a new jacket today (if UPS ever gets it here)!

I went with the Rev'it Cayenne Pro:

https://www.beachmoto.com/revit/jackets/cayenne-pro.php

Best Regards,

Shane

That Cayenne Pro is a beatiful looking jacket. If I had thet kind of money you need to buy one I would need a second job. $550. That's why I shop at New Enough They seem to have great qualility gear at very affordable prices..
lacofdfireman,

Understand .... I got 11% off (still NOT cheap) but I figure I would have saved many and many $,$$$ if I had just bought a better quality to begin with.

I have a whole closest of jackets & pants (most of which I bought from NewEnough) that I just don't care for or I wonder how they would hold up if I ever went down.

Other than my leathers (which are too hot to wear most of the time in Texas), the only clothes I have ever purchased that I really feel like I got more than my money's worth are my Olympia Air Glide 2 jacket / pants.

I have a friend who purchased the Cayenne Pro jacket / pants and he can't quit talking about the quality / fit.

I got mine today and the fit and attention to detail is INCREDIBLE! But I am harder to size than many American riders (my chest is bigger than my waist :yahoo: )!

Any how, I am going to try them out on Sunday in the Texas Fall!

Best Regards,

Shane

Latest posts