Getting a V46 top case and need mounting hardware

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRski_2007

Reaction score
I’m looking to get a GIVI V46 top case; however, I don’t want to use the GIVI mounting hardware. Is there any other manufacture that I can use for the mounting hardware?

Thanks.

I’m looking to get a GIVI V46 top case; however, I don’t want to use the GIVI mounting hardware. Is there any other manufacture that I can use for the mounting hardware?
Thanks.
SW-Motech makes a rack for the Gen II bikes that will accept Givi and other brands of topcases. TwistedThrottle carries it, I'm sure Google could dig up some other vendors too. https://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2745/114/

It mounts over/into the stock luggage rack/grab handles instead of replacing them like the Givi rack. You have to buy an adapter plate to use with it that's designed for the topcase you want to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
As mentioned in another very similar post, just use caution mounting a top case using only the three bolts on the back of the bike. There have been a number of members here who have suffered from subframe cracks due to the weight. The Givi at least offers better weight distribution.

That's a great rack, no doubt, but you do risk the cracked subframe with it and others like it that mount solely to the three bolts of the tail section.

I run one of the PCA racks, and I like it. I've noticed that the backbox will unsettle the bike a bit at speeds, but nothing to really worry about. I've pulled a buck 40 with the Givi on and (over)loaded to the gills. I can see how the subframe can take a beating if you're severly over loaded tho, so load with caution.

YMMV

givi.jpg

PCA Rack with Givi E250 (Think that's the right letter) adapter and Givi V46.

DSC_2385.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I run one of the PCA racks, and I like it. I've noticed that the backbox will unsettle the bike a bit at speeds, but nothing to really worry about. I've pulled a buck 40 with the Givi on and (over)loaded to the gills. I can see how the subframe can take a beating if you're severly over loaded tho, so load with caution.
YMMV

givi.jpg
Nice Jeep, Ray. You been holdin' out on us?