Getting custom earplugs / speakers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'mAllIn

Reaction score
I've never worn ear plugs and always used helmet speakers / microphone that came with whatever system I was using at the time. I've decided to take the plunge and get custom molded speakers for my Starcomm. For those of you with a similar set-up, how did you wire your microphone?

Thanks,

I've never worn ear plugs and always used helmet speakers / microphone that came with whatever system I was using at the time. I've decided to take the plunge and get custom molded speakers for my Starcomm. For those of you with a similar set-up, how did you wire your microphone?
Thanks,
I'mAllin,

I just went through this.

You have to get a new helmet set - it's called a PP-04, (or PP-06 for 3/4 helmet) and is wired to received a 3.5mm jack from the earplugs, instead of having the speakers. Works well.

Contact Jeff at SportBikeEffects a fellow forum member, and all around good vendor to deal with. He offers a forum member discount.

I use an autcomm, and when I was looking at earmolded speakers, they had an adapter that retained the use of the Mic AND the Helmet speakers. It was $50 I believe.